Goodyear Wrangler Authority AT?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Saw these in Wally World the other day. I'm assuming it's a tire specifically made for them since it doesn't show on the Discount Tire web site. Interesting semi-aggressive zig-zag designed tread. Has the "severe weather" snowflake rating. Anybody know anything about them? Very competitively priced.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
They are walmarts "version"....of duratracs. same as canadian tire had goodyear territory ATs. Basically a duratrac with a modified tread to not be a duratrac.

B

BPD53

I ran a set for about 20,000 miles. They are a good tire. I used them in snow,mud,dirt and gravel. I would buy them again, but I switched sizes. I consider them to be a good "bang for the buck".

I would estimate I would have gotten roughly 45,000 miles+ out of a set. I am selling mine just because I upsized.

They got noisy after they wore, but not enough to call them a bad tire.

bucktruckota

Not as noisy as a true mudder. Good traction everywhere except ice of course. Bought them for my Dakota at 138.00 a piece for 31x10.5x15. Siping doesn't go to the carcass like the ko 2's. Wife's ko 2's are street tire quiet, beefier, but more expensive. My truck is beater, her jeep is an aev Cherokee so it gets better stuff. The authority is a great tire for the money though.

bucktruckota

FYI they built twin xj' in silverstone metallic. One has black fender flares and is the ARB stock photo in the quadratec catalog.
The other has matching painted fender flares. I even have the factory window sticker with AEV as the buyer.

So how do I upload the pics, seeing as how "I don't have permission"?

kojackJKU

What I find funny is that AEV used ARB bumpers. Then claim they were the original. Or was it they made a bumper for the JK first?

bucktruckota

It wasn't funny. They used the aftermarket quip net available at the time. Seeing as how how you have an unlimited you should be grateful to aev. They were building stretched yj wranglers. Chrysler took the idea and produced the lj, and then in turn the jk unlimited. You wouldn't have your ride if it weren't for aev.

Our jeep came with the ome 2.5" heavy duty lift, arb roof rack, arb winch mount bull bar, 130 watt ipf lights, 31x10.5 r 15 big ko's, 4.10 gears, and a warn winch. Previous owner kept the winch, and it it had 31" street tires on it when we bought it in 2006.

I'll have to try and get the pics up. Been working 10 hours a day, and running a chainsaw helping the neighbor with cleaning up a downed tree all week. Look up IDABOW on jeep forums for the original pics when we first got the xj in the meanwhile.

kojackJKU

I am very grateful for aev....they build AWESOME rigs. I am not saying anything its just on their forum, they tout that ARB "ripped off" Their bumper design and AEV was first with theirs. I was making an observation regarding their AEV cherokee had an arb bumper before the JK was available. Thats what I find funny. Or, like I said, are they JUST talking about the JK bumpers....I am going to say that my next JK will be an aev v8 equipped model. Lots of people buy them for the status symbol and never use them off road, or at all. The used versions available on AEV's website are all in like new condition. My current JK has 196,000 on the clock now, and has been wheeled REGULARLY.....to the tune of 2 or 3 times a week since its birth! Having a full aev JK and using it as it was intended is awesome. BTW, I have seen pics of the AEV cherokee and its AWESOME!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94