Gordigear Rooftop Tent

lowenbrau

Explorer
There is a bit of confusing info in this thread. The Roof top tents look similar to the Chinese ones we see from Camping lab which in my opinion are very good value for the money. My South African tend has served me very well but I could have bought three tents from Fernando for the money.

I'm more interested at this point in the trailer tent. The Gordigear version seems to be of their own design and not really similar to anything else out there. Am I right? Has anybody been able to compare it with the Serengeti trailer tents from Camping lab or any other, similar setup that can be purchased separately from the trailer?

I'm very inclined to put in an order with Gordigear but would like to know what other options exist.

rarecj8

Observer
greetings fellow explorers. Have a nice Venturecraft fold out trailer tent will soon sell to finance new trailer tent. Plan is to use an existing military style trailer-- about 45" to the freeboard in height. Tub is 7'x4'. It must have a vestibule/changing room w/ floor. Have narrowed my search to:

serengeti
gordigear, or

3 dog camping 'pup.

i like the pup but do not see a US sales point.

Keep up the debate, very helpful. BTW, use a Treg hitch with great success on my several trailers.

one thing i will miss with the Venturecraft is the sleeping arrangement is a T to the trailer tub, so one of two sleepers need not climb over the other to take a late night pee. most i see on t he web that are available sleep parallel to the tub and one camper must climb over the other to get out. or am i missing something?

mb in reno

rsbmg

Observer
I think OP just asked for anyone with any experience with a specific product and somebody responded. I dont think he asked for product comparisons. No need to turn this into a sales campaign.

southpier

Expedition Leader
after seeing a video on the OP's requested RTT, I did a search to see if anyone has used one since I hadn't noticed any threads with the name in their title (I usually just visit "new posts").

interesting lot, we "explorers"...

kanga1

Observer
Youtube Gordigear link

Hi, here is a link to some good information regarding some fundamental differences between different types of roof top tents. We looked at many different brands of RTT before deciding to buy a Gordigear Explorer Plus for our 4 Month trip which starts next week covering all 5 State Corners and 5 Deserts across Australia. Some of the RTT we looked at had only 50-60mm thick mattresses of poor quality to good quality but all were too thin for me, our Gordigear has an 80mm thick quality bed in it, as this will be our home for 4 months, I didn't want to buy something uncomfortable that could blow to pieces in the first desert wind. Anyhow check it out and make your own mind up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhi1nkWYWiU

Cheers, Kanga.

shedlock2000

Observer
Hey guys,

I am sorry for bumping this thread up -- but I am just wondering if anyone has tried out a Gordigear tent now there is US distribution?

dcg141

Adventurer
I have had one for almost 2 years. I don't have any complaints and I keep getting caught on some really rainy weekend trips every time I use it. The tent has always been water tight. I had some leaks in the annex where the cover for floor zipper was sewn in was not tape sealed. I put some seam grip around it and fixed it. Not sure if it was just mine but that is the only issue I have had. I have never even seen any other RTT's up close to compare so I'm no expert on them. But given the downpours I have been thru with mine I'm happy with my purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior