Great Sandy National Park, Australia

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
On my recent 5 week trip to Australia, for some 4x4 writing and photography projects, I got to enjoy a day of overland adventure with my friend David and his Defender 110 "Goliath." We drove the beaches of Great Sandy National Park and took the opportunity to take a ton of pictures. The following post is basically a photo essay of the adventure, a highly recommended one if you find yourself on the Sunshine Coast of Australia.

SNAPSHOT: Great Sandy National Park

GreatSandyNP-4.jpg

GreatSandyNP-14.jpg

GreatSandyNP-16.jpg

Great Sandy National Park is a coastal national park in the Fraser Coast Region, Queensland, Australia.The park features untouched beaches, large sand dunes, heathlands, rainforests, swamps, creeks, freshwater lakes and mangrove forests.Great Sandy National Park is divided into two sections. The Coolola section is situated on the coast between Noosa Heads in the south and Rainbow Beach in the north and covers 18,400 hectares . The Fraser Island section encompasses almost all of the world's largest sand island, Fraser Island, situated north of Rainbow Beach, covering 56,000 hectares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior