Grounded Overland Adventure Top

Tjenkens

What's involved in installing this? Are there any 12v or USB ports in it?
The install is very easy...same as the hard top. There are no built in 12v or USB. You do have to move the rear window from your existing hardtop to this top. And move the freedon top camps to this top (or get new ones).

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Hm, if you are coming from a soft top you just source a new glass window?
Maybe they could offer a barn door upper that bolts to the tailgate like these:

DonnyFinal1(1).jpg

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Maybe they could offer a barn door upper that bolts to the tailgate like these:

You don't happen to know anyone that makes one, do you Jeff?

Your barn door is STILL the one and only thing I would add to my Africa JK after touring every overland show in North America!

-Dan

jscherb

Expedition Leader
You don't happen to know anyone that makes one, do you Jeff?

Your barn door is STILL the one and only thing I would add to my Africa JK after touring every overland show in North America!

-Dan
Well I do happen to know where the molds are so more could be made if there was a reason to :)

A barn door really does improve the usability of the Jeep, I could never go back to a two step liftgate/tailgate operation.

mletschin

We cut a piece of refletix and put the little Harbor Freight magnets around the outside of the skylight. Easy to put up and take down as desired.
Surprisingly I have not had problem with the light from the skylight waking me up at all but I also dont normally sleep in much while camping.

mletschin

Hm, if you are coming from a soft top you just source a new glass window?
Yes You can order one directly from Jeep, keep in mind there are ones with and without defrost. If you have soft top you just need the non power one since you wont have the wiring

mletschin

Well I do happen to know where the molds are so more could be made if there was a reason to :)

A barn door really does improve the usability of the Jeep, I could never go back to a two step liftgate/tailgate operation.
I would love a barn door for it. If the price was right I would definitely get it and scrap the back window

Tjenkens

The barn door looks like a great idea! Did you have to customize the tailgate table to work with the barn door brackets ? I would take one too if price is right.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The barn door looks like a great idea! Did you have to customize the tailgate table to work with the barn door brackets ? I would take one too if price is right.
The tailgate table is mounted to the barn door brackets, which required drilling a few holes in the mounting plate of the table. Two of the mounting screws are visible just behind the right edge of the Cutlery Keeper in this closer photo, there are two screws on the left side as well.

CutleryKeeper1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier