Group of Landies in Death Valley

udoxx

Observer
So I spent a few days in DV Easter weekend and ran into a few Land Rover owners in Rhyolite, those vehicles were awesome and fully kitted! There where some Camel Trophy Landies, a couple Ranges and some LR3s and I think a D90. A day later I crossed you on Racetrack Road at Teakettle Junction and spoke with Collin who drove a Range with 35s and a clean fender job. I hope the tripped went well, I am interested in know what trails you guys travelled. Nice meeting ya!

JSBriggs

Adventurer
yes that was the NCLR club. I didn't get to go but here is the link to trip page. http://nclrclub.org/forum/showthread.php?2057-OFFICIAL-Death-Valley-2013

eqzoom85.ms

members only.

-Jeff

udoxx

Observer
Oh well... thanks though. Would be interesting to see the trails they drove being that there were various levels of drivers and vehicles in that group.

Disco2Guy

Observer
I was on that trip, and will be posting some pics and vids once I go through them all. Lippencott Grade was fun, but I think Goler Wash and Mengle Pass were my favorite parts of the trip.

udoxx

Observer
I was on that trip, and will be posting some pics and vids once I go through them all. Lippencott Grade was fun, but I think Goler Wash and Mengle Pass were my favorite parts of the trip.

Thanks, I will be looking forward to that. Could you link back to that post when you do?

Ronct110

Adventurer
Thanks, I will be looking forward to that. Could you link back to that post when you do?

Like Disco2guy, that was us; I hope your trip went well as well as ours; here are some random pictures from group photo @ Lippincott pass, Titus Canyon...

Attachments

• DSC_0257.JPG
    DSC_0257.JPG
    443.6 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_0125.JPG
    DSC_0125.JPG
    365 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0133.JPG
    DSC_0133.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0132 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_0132 - Copy.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0087.JPG
    DSC_0087.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 22

spikemd

Explorer
That was us, NorCal Land Rover Group (NCLR club). An incredible 8 days in the desert exploring Death Valley.

A few pics from the trip...
dv2013_stripedbutte_chris.jpgdv2013_d1_group.jpgdv2013_trail_p38_cts.jpgdv2013_ballarat_front.jpgdv2013_d1_group_mill.jpgdv2013_dunes_cts.jpg

Carnage for my tires...one sidewall blowout and another flat. I guess its an excuse to upgrade!!
dv2013_revo_blowout.jpg

spikemd

Explorer
No, I got rear inner sidewall puncture near Bob and Wards cabin and I blew out my front passenger sidewall on some hills near Dumont Dunes. The dunes were a blast to drive on. Had to drive to Baker on my undersized spare and buy a used tire to get me 450 miles home.

Got some new bigger tires yesterday. Bought 5 BFG KM2 255/85 r16s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles