GTM 800 Tahoe/Suburban Wheel Hub/Bearing?

Glorifiedhabit

So seems like the front drivers hub is about to let go on my Tahoe. Whats the current consensus. Moog, Timken, or Raybestos? Or is there another one I should look at?

Shpook

Moog, and if you can't find one locally, then Timken. I've installed lots of both brands at work, and never really had issues, while the cheap brands usually only last a few years.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Moog's good, timken's good, buy the best quality you can afford. Unless you are cranked all the way, or make a habit of jumping a 6000-lb vehicle with your foot still in it, it doesn't matter much. The factory / OEM last a long damned time when not abused.

Ask BurbOne, he's been doing some real wheelin with his, has been thru several equipment changes. Or talk to CrazyDrei about what not to do.

Glorifiedhabit

I called the local stealer. No thanks. They've got the "GM" and the AC Delco. Neither of which are made by GM or AC Delco. I found out that AC Delco doesn't make the majority of their Stuff only some electronics. Its just another Branding exercise.
The AC has the same part no. as the Moog so Im pretty sure it is. The Timken is the best deal on Rock Auto so it'll do.

twodollars

In my experience more of these replacements fail due to having the half shaft nut "torqued" with an impact gun than due to low build quality.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Also, considering you have enough wear to need a CV change, think about balljoint replacement. And even further, at rockauto you can get OEM-equivalent total replacement control arms with bushings and balljoints already installed, for all of about $300 for all four front control arms. Changing CVs would be a prime opportunity to change everything at once, if you can afford to. Basically everything for $500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94