Hadley and Tardis STOLEN, PLEASE HELP LOOK

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Camper has been recovered deep in the woods two hours south of here. It was dragged/ripped off the truck, so I have little hope that it is not broken.

Truck was involved in a chase through the woods, it got away. LEO says it will most likely be burned tonight.

Some of my gear has been recovered, I am not sure what. I am headed down and will be out with the LEO at dawn.

I was inspired by the support shown on FaceBook, so I finally signed up. Nathanael Kuenzli Photography

Updates tomorrow night.

Jesmor3

So sorry to hear, I'm sure you'll track it down soon! We'll keep an eye out JUST in case it happens to get this far (UT).

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Camper has been recovered deep in the woods two hours south of here. It was dragged/ripped off the truck, so I have little hope that it is not broken.

Truck was involved in a chase through the woods, it got away. LEO says it will most likely be burned tonight.

Some of my gear has been recovered, I am not sure what. I am headed down and will be out with the LEO at dawn.

I was inspired by the support shown on FaceBook, so I finally signed up. Nathanael Kuenzli Photography

Updates tomorrow night.

Oh man that sucks! I guess getting closure is better than wondering what happened. Hopefully some good camera gear is recovered.

I hope your insurance company helps you out. I know my rig is very under insured for that type of loss. All of the money I have in parts, and time I have in labor. I always figure if I get in an accident I can deal with replacing a few items, but having it all destroyed would bum me out for sure.

You might try communicating with Stan or someone at FWC to see what they can do to help with the camper value.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Gah. So frustrating. Criminals just take what you have worked so hard for, take it for a joy ride and then destroy it.

I hope they don't ruin your truck and hope they didnt ruin your camper. How did the camper get located?

sumnrfam

Bummer!!!!

Nathanael,, sorry to hear this :-( ,

NOT the ending to the story everyone was hoping for ,,

Prayers coming your way to get through this,, keep us posted.

Wade

MJCake1

I shared on Google + and Tacoma World forum as soon as started reading. Really bummed for you and my prayers are with you too. GOD will take care of revenge don't let the faith faulter. Eventually we lose everything in this world. The next will be glorious.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

seeNik48

Adventurer
Wow, very very sorry this happened to you in the PNW. Probably a bunch of punk tweakers who had nothing to lose. They seem to live everywhere. Hopefully, the truck will show up okay and camper can be repaired. And, hope they didn't access your canera gear. Wishing you the very best outcome at this point.

Scoutman

Explorer
Sorry to hear this and hoping for a positive outcome.

I saw Stan's post on FB and IG before I saw it here so welcome to the social community. :) I remember thinking, damn that's the guy on the Portal!

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Quick Update.
The camper was found (dumped off the truck) at 3:30AM Tuesday morning by a logger going to work. It was located two hours south of here in Capitol State Forest.
The thieves were at the scene in my truck, and took off when the logger approached in his vehicle. A chase ensued, but my truck got away. I guess the upgrades I did to make the truck suitable for forest road driving worked against me in this instance.
The logger stayed with the camper and my gear until an LEO came to the scene. A huge thank you goes to this guy, he went above and beyond to watch over my stuff while it was in the woods.
I was able to retrieve 2/3 of my camping/living gear, and about half of my photography equipment. It is all dirty and waterlogged, but there is hope as it dries out.
The camper was put on a flatbed tow-truck and is now at the inpound lot waiting to be gone over by law enforcement. It will take some work to get it usable again, as it was pushed off the Tacoma and then dragged onto the tow-truck. At this point I am not sure if it will be salvageable.
Again, a huge thank you goes to the logging guy and the DNR Police chief, without them I would have recovered very little, if anything.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I'm happy to hear the good (ish) news. I hope they get those scumbags.

And I love hearing instances like this where someone would go out of their way to help a stranger like the logger did to you.

smlobx

Wanderer
Glad you were able to get part of your rig back.
I hope you get the res of it back and the thieves get what they deserve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94