Haggis' Multi-Use Tundra Build

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
I really like your set up. I am going this weekend to look at a pop up camper because we just would not fit in an autohome.
I bet not...if I recall correctly you've got three little minions right? The set-up above works real good for the two of us and we still have room in the truck bed to throw in an extra tent and some sundries if our teenagers happen to come along.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
You are correct our minions total three. I have considered different sleeping configurations, like a shell and sleeping platform w/RTT on top, or an RTT on our M416 trailer and the aforementioned shell. They also tent camp very well, and I have thought about a new ground tent, however tents are a lot more work when setting up and tearing down. The pop up camper we have found is probably the lest expensive option other than the ground tent.

Last edited:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Winter Project

Found this today and towed it home...

100_3467.jpg

...Cost me a Franklin but should be a good starter base for the future A.R.S.E.S. Command and Control Module. This will keep me occupied once the holidyas are over and hunting season comes to an end.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Found this today and towed it home...

100_3467.jpg

...Cost me a Franklin but should be a good starter base for the future A.R.S.E.S. Command and Control Module. This will keep me occupied once the holidays are over and hunting season comes to an end.

Looks to be in an excellent platform that can be reconfigured to support a variety of situations; Command and Control is just one option. I assert that the Sparmish Army would benefit from indirect fire support and this would be the perfect vehicle for rapidly positioning and relocating an appropriate artillery piece.

A Trebuchet for example should be compatible with the existing inventory of weapons in the Sparmish Armory.

trebuchet.jpg

Provided by TangoCo, military consultant to Sparms all over the world...

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
trebuchet.jpg

Provided by TangoCo, military consultant to Sparms all over the world...

Now that is an idea. Prepare a estimate on one to fit on a 4'x8' platform with enough power to throw a cow head a good three hundred yards or to fling wiffle balls with enough deadly force to stop a horde of rampaging glampers in their BFG AT tracks.

day42

Observer
I'm a little late to the party, but that log cabin you restored.....WOW! That came out beautifully. Why would anyone ever cover that up?! The Tundra looks awesome too.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Why would anyone ever cover that up?!

Usually its because the old horse hair and plaster and/or mortar chinking has failed and the house gets cold and drafty. Chinking, even using modern synthetic materials, is a time consuming job that takes a fair degree of skill to do correctly. Folks don't want to spend the money, have the skill or want to take the time so these older homes get covered. The "repair" is usually half-arsed which leads to the next home owner slapping on the next "solution". It is cool though to read the history of a house as you peel the layers back. In this case the top layer was put on in the seventies (aluminum); the next layer was asphalt probably from the 50s, and the last was clapboards. These had several coats of milk paint so they were probably installed right before the turn of the century. I love doing the old cabins...you never know what your going to discover.

keezer37

Explorer
with enough power to throw a plague infested cow head a good three hundred yards

I built from the plans in post #11 of Slinging.org. Used a piece of Shamwow for the sling. Worked great. You'd have to scale it up. Great fun for the whole family to get drunk and bounce golf balls off the neighbor's garage door.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
100,000 miles...

Excuse the mud splatters and corn cob blasting dust...it's deer season here and a clean truck isn't a priority at this time...:REOutShootinghunter

100_3475-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior