HAM Operators- Post up here

kj4vyi

Nother ham here !!

KJ4VYI
Chad
EM60JL - Pensacola, FL
icom 2100h in the f150
ratchak 252 for aprs with argentdata ot3m with nuvi350 in the f150
ratchak 252 for home aprs ( not working now )
yaesu ft847 for home hf ( only tech right now ) and for sat chasing when i have time
ratchak htx100 for 10 meter beacon ( 28.278.3 listen for me !!)
antennas -- all kinds from diy to arrow brand and plenty of wire hanging from the trees!!!

awesome site and great members here thanks for the knowledge

Chad
KJ4VYI

CrewServed

"That" guy
KK6LVR
First name: Paul
Radio: Baofeng UV-5R, using adapter pigtail and magmount Tram 1185 for a sorta-mobile rig for now. Doing research on an actual mobile rig for the truck.
Concord, CA

Finally made my first contact on a local repeater today. That was cool.

Blind_Io

Adventurer
KG7IGY - Murray, UT. - Technician class. Currently I only have a small Chinese handheld dual-band with a mag mount. (Yes, I'm one of those guys with a Baofeng)

I also have not really gotten on the air, although I passed my test I don't yet feel comfortable transmitting. I kind of wish that there was more of a community here or that training would be more than just theory.

cactusjk

Explorer
Congrats! Many of us have at least one of those!
KG7IGY - Murray, UT. - Technician class. Currently I only have a small Chinese handheld dual-band with a mag mount. (Yes, I'm one of those guys with a Baofeng)

I also have not really gotten on the air, although I passed my test I don't yet feel comfortable transmitting. I kind of wish that there was more of a community here or that training would be more than just theory.

jerdog53

Explorer

Congrats! Many of us have at least one of those!

Everyone should have at least one of those!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Took the test Saturday, got my call sign today. Neat.

KM4EIZ
north Georgia
Technician
Wouxun 2M/70CM handheld

gotta learn how to program the dang thing...

2014 Warthog

Explorer
KK6OCP
Technician
San Diego, CA

Right now have just a simple Kenwood TM-281A 2M 65W in my truck.

Need to get an HT still :)

Also need to figure out a programming strategy. Flipping between CA and NV/AZ/UT the band plans have some big differences...

pir8p3t3

First Name: Pete
Callsign : KI4UIL
Radio : Baofen UV-5RC Hand Held, Yeasu FT-897D, and Soon Kenwood TM-D710G to replace my Alinco DR-599T that finally gave up.
Freq usually on: 2m

GX470_Prado

Observer
First Name: Kaleb
Just recently got my Tech... Looking to upgrade to General by the end of the year.
Callsign: KM4DWS
Radio: Baofeng GT-3 HT

Typically on 2m

wmagill

My call is KB1HNS. You can find me in the RI, CT, MA, areas. My Jeep is tagged with it so you can easily see me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles