Hard Sided Canopy "Camper"

Just a few teaser pics of my canopy camper before I get too far along in the build process of it. For legal purposes it is a canopy, so no extra insurance or registration fees. Also being designed the way it is makes it extremely light weight. Four average guys can lift it on and off no problem. Walls are insulated and there is a roof rack if I ever desire to haul something up there. Still have wiring to tackle and migrating over some interior pieces from my old camper van.

Attachments

Really? You went that far without a build thread, and post a couple of teaser pictures? You should be banned!

Seriously, that looks really nice! Please, more pictures from the start of the build. I've been thinking of a small, light slide-in camper similar to what you have done.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
Really? You went that far without a build thread, and post a couple of teaser pictures? You should be banned!

Seriously, that looks really nice! Please, more pictures from the start of the build. I've been thinking of a small, light slide-in camper similar to what you have done.
if thats constructed how I think it is, it's not quite a slide in- it could easily be though, I think its more of a truck cap, like the Callen campers

if thats constructed how I think it is, it's not quite a slide in- it could easily be though, I think its more of a truck cap, like the Callen campers
Bingo, it sits on the bed rails. The white powdery stuff around here has been limiting my motivation to get the pics needed of the inside. Though I will have to get more done this weekend since I'm planning on using it for some video interviews, inside the camper is the only place I get peace and quiet!
All camper related items like porta potty, sink, water storage, heating, cooling and electrical will be shown how they were added in by me

Wow! That looks like a Callen on steroids.
Tons of space- please do post interior shots soon.

What did you use for the framing?
Thankfully I didn't have to build it. I am just fitting it to my needs. Adding in little things is easier than having to frame and start from scratch.
Today i moved over a counter from our old camper van that houses a microwave, fridge and sink. A couple more teaser pics attached. Tomorrow more gets tackled including the restroom build, and 2,000 watt continuous pure sine inverter install.

Attachments

The counter had to modified a little bit but the end result is very nice. I even got to reuse a hole in the bed for the sink drain. Also cut about four inches off the back to sit more flush against the canopy. The tool box fuel tank combo is going to have to go though, too much wasted space without enough use. And selling it should get some more funds towards adventures

No it's a Portland based thing, l will get a picture of the tag. Tomorrow I'm going to have the whole morning and early afternoon to tackle wiring. Plus l can show a shot of the counter + plumbing install. Already have a back corner for the porta potty too. Went through the scales and had plenty of payload left, much lighter than my old Lance