hardside pop up!

mcgovski

Adventurer
I dont know if anyone has heard of this company or seen the Marc out on the trail in Northern Calidornia, but his creation is quite exciting. www.xpcamper.com i think it is the website...the first model is due to be complete in march. Marc just send me some PDF's of the layout of his hardside pop up camper and it is great! plus, 1300lbs...light enough for 1/2 tons with all the features of a giant camper!!!!!! With smaller diesels supposedly coming to the US market, this could be "THE SET UP".
I am excited! I cant wait to see the finished product. I would sell my camper for that type of setup any day!

theMec

Adventurer
1300#s + 2 people + water etc will probably overload any 1/2 ton out there.
I expect the payload, for the 1/2 tons, for will decrease w/ the diesel engine (like it does for the 3/4 & 1 tons) as the diesel motors weigh more.

That said I like XP design except for the roof. Can't sleep on a curved rooof ;-)

Lynn

Expedition Leader
mestaghman said:
That said I like XP design except for the roof. Can't sleep on a curved rooof ;-)

But with the cab-over bed, you wouldn't need to ;)

Unless, of course, your in the middle of an expedition and tick off the wife. :Wow1:

mcgovski

Adventurer
The first one is being built on a 1/2 ton chevy...gas version and I am waiting for the specs on fresh water / gray tank sizes. I there is also no wood or aluminium......
I will ask marc if I can post the PDF

I am really considering this to replace my monster!

theMec

Adventurer
Lynn, you're a funny guy!
If it's a nice night my wife will join me on the roof and we can enjoy the stars .... while my daughter and friend sleep inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne