Have nothing. Will Travel.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Last month I was all geared up to do a dry run to test my gear set up for a 2600 mile trip I had planned for this month. I was going to take a short jaunt up to the Grand Canyon, just 100 miles north, and camp for the night. The night before departure, I was at an dinner party with our regular Prescott overlander group and off the cuff invited Ray and Matt of Overland International to join me.

The next morning, with just a few minutes to get ready, these two dudes packed up virtually nothing and headed out behind me. It was impressive. I had two hard cases stuffed to the max, PLUS a tail bag. Matt had a backpack. Ray had a nice canvas duffel bag that wasn't even full.

Neither even bothered with a sleeping bag. I asked Ray what was in his bag and he replied, "Uh...some smoked oysters, crackers and a Nemo GoGo Elite bivy."

Awesome.

Thanks guys, it was a fun trip.

raymatt_zps8c01f771.jpg

ray_zpsadf2c2a6.jpg

bikes_zps6823e614.jpg

lonestrom

Adventurer
I'm a big time OVER PACKER!!.I tend to take to many tools and spares.I'm pretty good with clothes and supplies,but at 50 years old and a bad back sleeping on the ground is tough.When I take my ADV sidecar rig I use a REI folding cot that is WONDERFUL but weighes like 25lbs and is 3' long.I have tried the big agnes pad but I go right thru it!!.I have a week long offroad ride coming up next summer on 2 wheels and need to find a THICK,supportive pad that packs small,oh ya I'm 6'1" and about 250lbs,any ideas ?????.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jb1rd

Explorer
I'm a big time OVER PACKER!!.I tend to take to many tools and spares.I'm pretty good with clothes and supplies,but at 50 years old and a bad back sleeping on the ground is tough.When I take my ADV sidecar rig I use a REI folding cot that is WONDERFUL but weighes like 25lbs and is 3' long.I have tried the big agnes pad but I go right thru it!!.I have a week long offroad ride coming up next summer on 2 wheels and need to find a THICK,supportive pad that packs small,oh ya I'm 6'1" and about 250lbs,any ideas ?????.

Look into a Paco Pad
http://www.jpwinc.com/products/proddetail.php?prod=4240-Super-Paco-Pad

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader

Pacos are aweomse. How about the big agnes cot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior