Having Difficulty Pricing my F-150 to Sell

ThundahBeagle

Just looking for a little input on selling my 2011 F-150. I want to be fair but don't want to leave a bunch of money on the table. I've seen similar trucks listed in various places for over $20K, and I don't know if things are selling that high or if it's wishful thinking. I'm in northwest New Mexico, 4-Corners area. Maybe some of you guys have been in the market and could offer some advice on what's realistic?

2011 F-150 Crew Cab 4X4 with 6.5' Bed. 3.5 Ecoboost with 3.73 gears and electronic rear locker. 114,500 miles. Lariat package with everything except the sunroof (Full leather, heated/cooled seats, Sony system, etc). I'm the second owner. Recent Rancho quik-lift struts, Bilstein rear shocks. 275/70R18 E-Rated tires with about 10K miles. Truck is clean, runs great, and drives smooth.

I appreciate any real-world feedback you guys can offer.

I'm a little late to the party but this is exactly what Kelly blue book is for. Just go to their website and plug in the details as you have listed at the correct prompts, list your zip code and they will spit out a range. You can select private sale, or trade-in

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
There is also color factor

Saw your other post with the ad and just now noticed it’s the light goldish color

Not sure how direct of an effect that’ll have on price, but for ME personally, it would

Just my .02

TripLeader

Explorer
There is also color factor

Saw your other post with the ad and just now noticed it’s the light goldish color

Not sure how direct of an effect that’ll have on price, but for ME personally, it would

Just my .02

I think color on a new car is a big deal. But I've never worried about color on a used car, especially something more than 5 years old. Its more about the condition and price. ...Assuming it is not some outrageous paint job. Supposedly that is why silver is such a popular color--conservative for re-sell. I think gold is also conservative.

?

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The market definitely is goofy right now. Those who feel they have secure employment are buying when they need something and waiting for more market drop to jump on deals. Then we have lots of people who definitely feel the pinch from high food, gas and financing costs who are definitely not buying and many are off loading stuff, cars, COViD toys, even dogs!!

Only thing you can do is pick a reasonable number and run with it see where you end up. Get a close cash offer from a seemingly solid buyer it’s probably best to go with it vs dicker over $500-$800 difference etc. I doubt values will be any better next spring.

Good luck

Oh and the whole Black Friday economic news has been interesting. At first everyone was excited about the $ being reported but now looking at the actual stuff sold numbers are down its the added prices that are driving the $ numbers. Which has the data nerds all warning that sales are actually not great.

Mfitz

I just sold my 2015 F150, advertised here and elsewhere. I looked around and the prices for similar used trucks were all over the place, some wildly higher than KBB. I started a bit higher just to see if there were any early bites and then lowered. I ended up getting about what KBB said I would, but I was really surprised how little interest there was in my area. When I sold I was happy to get what I got because of that. I think the market has softened a bit over the last 6 months and I am guessing it will continue to soften for a while until we get back to normal, whatever that is.

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
I just sold my 2015 F150, advertised here and elsewhere. I looked around and the prices for similar used trucks were all over the place, some wildly higher than KBB. I started a bit higher just to see if there were any early bites and then lowered. I ended up getting about what KBB said I would, but I was really surprised how little interest there was in my area. When I sold I was happy to get what I got because of that. I think the market has softened a bit over the last 6 months and I am guessing it will continue to soften for a while until we get back to normal, whatever that is.

My experience was similar, though I started at an aggressive price and sold it for very close to that number. Actually had as much interest from 500+ miles away as local. Ended up selling to the first guy who actually put eyes on and drove the truck. He had a local shop do an inspection and gave me the funds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior