Heading to Hawaii….what to do with my ‘13 LR4 HD?

LR4XFAR

SCLR member 2013 LR4 HD
Compos are about to get powder coated. Clear coat is peeling and rock gouges. You may as well just bite the bullet and buy one or two as spares.

Just thought that I’d add that after talking to a broker, I have a quote for $1386 to Honolulu from Long Beach. But, no personal goods at all allowed, no bicycles and the tent will have to come off. Still on the fence about what to do about a vehicle.
The wife’s BMW 428 would actually be about $50 more to ship surprisingly.

Pangle

Wanderer
Compos are about to get powder coated. Clear coat is peeling and rock gouges. You may as well just bite the bullet and buy one or two as spares.

Just thought that I’d add that after talking to a broker, I have a quote for $1386 to Honolulu from Long Beach. But, no personal goods at all allowed, no bicycles and the tent will have to come off. Still on the fence about what to do about a vehicle.
The wife’s BMW 428 would actually be about $50 more to ship surprisingly.

Who did you get the quote from? Pasha?

LR4XFAR

SCLR member 2013 LR4 HD
Why is that? I thought it was a flat rate, possibly some slight variation depending upon length of vehicle, or weight? BMW is probably shorter.
Could be the rate is variable like airline tickets. I got the auto quote twice on the Rover and once on the 428i and it was different each time.

Kekoa12

I don't know about the market on Oahu but here on Kauai you could easily sell that rig for $25k. Too bad it's not a Taco or 4Runner or you could get $35k. Toyota's are like gold here.

LR4XFAR

SCLR member 2013 LR4 HD
Love Kauai! Not many reasonable furnished rentals on the island though. We might end up island hopping for a couple of months after Oahu.
The truck ends up too tall (7 foot limit) with the tent by about 8 inches for roll on/roll off. Shipping with the extra height goes by dimensions and weight and was told it would likely be double the price. I think the LR4 gets to stay on the mainland unless I find a place to store the tent.

Doc Fluty

But, no personal goods at all allowed, no bicycles and the tent will have to come off.

Did I mss which shipper you are going with? I'm supposed to drop my truck off in 10 days to get it shipped to Honolulu from san diego (military orders) and didn't know my tent wouldn't be allowed on thee back. That could cause a big issue...

LR4XFAR

SCLR member 2013 LR4 HD
Did I mss which shipper you are going with? I'm supposed to drop my truck off in 10 days to get it shipped to Honolulu from san diego (military orders) and didn't know my tent wouldn't be allowed on thee back. That could cause a big issue...
I believe that Matson is the shipper, but there are many brokers that sell space on the ship. I spoke to two brokers and Matson directly. As military, you probably have different options. Might be worth a call to ensure there aren’t any surprises. For me, over 7 foot tall is a different price. Does your truck go into a container or is it roll on/roll off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94