Healthy granola bars

haven

Expedition Leader
http://time.com/4914384/healthy-granola-bar/

Time magazine's health section lists five granola bars that have a good balance of protein, fat and calories without too much added sugar. The article says a bar with 5 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of unsaturated fat will be most filling.

The bars they like include Core Food (~$4 each), Kind (~$1.00), RXBars (~$1.30), Lärabars (~$1.00) and "This Bar Saves Lives" ($1.67). Prices are when purchased in a box of 10 to 15 bars. The bars can also be found in health food stores and specialty stores like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

(I took a couple granola bars and Powerbars with me on a trip to Amazonian Peru. The first night, I was awakened by a crunching sound. I found several cockroaches, each almost as large as a granola bar, struggling to bite through the plastic bag the bars were stored in.)

(I took a couple granola bars and Powerbars with me on a trip to Amazonian Peru. The first night, I was awakened by a crunching sound. I found several cockroaches, each almost as large as a granola bar, struggling to bite through the plastic bag the bars were stored in.)
well, at least we know something will eat these things! ;)

I'm not sure I'd call any of those healthy. Candy bars with nuts are still candy bars. The only one of those I'd buy might be the Kind, which only has 9 net carbs, but even that's high for me - the rest seem to be over twice that.

BTW, I hate the term "added sugar". Your body doesn't care where it came from.

Although not "granola bars" Larabars have like 4-5 natural ingredients per bar and no added sugar. They do have alot of sugar from the dates used to form the bar.