Healthy granola bars

haven

Expedition Leader
http://time.com/4914384/healthy-granola-bar/

Time magazine's health section lists five granola bars that have a good balance of protein, fat and calories without too much added sugar. The article says a bar with 5 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of unsaturated fat will be most filling.

The bars they like include Core Food (~$4 each), Kind (~$1.00), RXBars (~$1.30), Lärabars (~$1.00) and "This Bar Saves Lives" ($1.67). Prices are when purchased in a box of 10 to 15 bars. The bars can also be found in health food stores and specialty stores like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

(I took a couple granola bars and Powerbars with me on a trip to Amazonian Peru. The first night, I was awakened by a crunching sound. I found several cockroaches, each almost as large as a granola bar, struggling to bite through the plastic bag the bars were stored in.)

quadforce4

(I took a couple granola bars and Powerbars with me on a trip to Amazonian Peru. The first night, I was awakened by a crunching sound. I found several cockroaches, each almost as large as a granola bar, struggling to bite through the plastic bag the bars were stored in.)

well, at least we know something will eat these things! ;)

OCD Overland

Explorer
I'm not sure I'd call any of those healthy. Candy bars with nuts are still candy bars. The only one of those I'd buy might be the Kind, which only has 9 net carbs, but even that's high for me - the rest seem to be over twice that.

BTW, I hate the term "added sugar". Your body doesn't care where it came from.

dcg141

Adventurer
Although not "granola bars" Larabars have like 4-5 natural ingredients per bar and no added sugar. They do have alot of sugar from the dates used to form the bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles