Heater hoses

I was wondering what has everyone done when heater hoses need to be replaced. I checked at the dealership and was quoted $80+ for the kit....Mitsubishi does not sell the hoses separately. I was worried that using just regular hoses would kink where it needs to be a 45. Is there an alternative that will work instead of me paying dealership prices.

Thx, I'll try and see if the local auto parts have one (Gates 18769) so I can see first hand and compare with the factory. I think what throws me off is these after market hoses are cut to fit and sometimes the picture isn't the actual item.

DanielDD

Vehicle Masochist
Don't know what year your vehicle is but my 2000 model year Montero was easily obtained at the dealer. I think I paid less than 20 buck for each individual hose. This was 2 months ago...

Don't know what year your vehicle is but my 2000 model year Montero was easily obtained at the dealer. I think I paid less than 20 buck for each individual hose. This was 2 months ago...
Mine is a 91 LS, dealer only sells in a kit now ( 2 hoses and clamps). Local Autozone has a Dayco that will need to be trimmed but might work. I'll stop by there today and see.