Help a Canadian Portal Member out.

39Ronin

Adventurer
This is the place on the forum I frequent most, so I thought I would post this here. I need a favour from a Portal member or 2. I have a vehicle that I want to sell in the US, it has a 17 digit VIN. If I PM a few members could you check to see if it can be registered or not.

I will PM more details to any one who is willing to help.

Cheers,
Neil

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Neil

The question that begs is if Clark's reply comes back positive, yes it can be sold, that means it can be sold and registered in North Carolina, but does it mean it can be sold and registered in all the other States?

There is a distinct lack of uniformity between the States, but at least that can be researched and defined. What is frustrating is that there is a lack of uniformity within DMV offices within States and worse still a lack of uniformity of employees within the same office.

39Ronin

Adventurer
I see, I thought that might be the case. I was hoping to have a few members inquire to get a broader view on the issue.
Anyone else not in North Carolina want to give the DMV a call for me?

Cheers,
Neil

big sky trapper

Adventurer
drive it on down to MT shouldnt be a prob I pretty sure we have the most lenient vehicle registraion rules of the lower 48, as long as it has at least head lights fenders tail lights and turn signals you can reigter it, as a new rig or a homebuilt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior