Help choosing a 270 w/annex and vehicle platform

leftcoastal

Trying to extend our camping season since moving near the national forest and other state parks. Also debating selling our truck and truck camper as we don't generally camp in the dead of winter and summers get real hot in a TC.

We've got a FSR High Country 80 on a L322 Rang Rover mounted on a Front Runner rack. The RTT takes up the whole rack but I think we may be able to squeeze a 270 on there. Other option is I mount this setup on my Tundra(non 4x4). I'm guessing it'd be too low to run lower supports and this would force me to run it up on a higher ladder rack style setup to get walkable annex clearance? Last option is to sell the TC and get a trailer to build out and mount everything to and free up our FR rack. This may limit camp site availability tho I'd think.

Considering the FSR 270 w/annex. A bit more than what I want to spend but it looks well thought out and would be a good option for both extending the camping season and throwing up if bugs get too bad. I like that it has a floor option.

As for positioning I've got my RTT setup on the drivers side just because that's where I get out typically. In state parks I back in so thinking passenger side 270 and annex but wondering if Im missing something? Not sure how state park friendly this whole setup would be regardless because of the footprint.

Main objective is to expand our camp season. I've got two girls and they're not all about 4x4 deep six so comfortability and convenience is the main driver.

Any insights are appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior