HELP! *Dead Turn Signals, Warning lights on*

Mitsu05

Hi everyone, I live in a very cold climate and I am having issues with my turn signal lights. A couple days ago when the turn signal was on, left or right, the dash and climate control lights flickered with the rhythm of the turn signal. A few days later that had stopped, but then when I put on turn signal there would be a faint high pitched noise with the clicking sound. Yesterday we started up the car ( very difficult to start because of the cold, took a long time to turn over) and neither signal worked and I have a bunch of warning lights. The lights I have are A/T Temp, battery, and the e-brake lights. The car still starts with remote start and it drives normally but I am not sure what is going on. My alternator is fairly new replaced it last year. Now I cannot drive the car because the turn signals don't work. Any help to narrow this situation down would be much appreciated!

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Hi everyone, I live in a very cold climate and I am having issues with my turn signal lights. A couple days ago when the turn signal was on, left or right, the dash and climate control lights flickered with the rhythm of the turn signal. A few days later that had stopped, but then when I put on turn signal there would be a faint high pitched noise with the clicking sound. Yesterday we started up the car ( very difficult to start because of the cold, took a long time to turn over) and neither signal worked and I have a bunch of warning lights. The lights I have are A/T Temp, battery, and the e-brake lights. The car still starts with remote start and it drives normally but I am not sure what is going on. My alternator is fairly new replaced it last year. Now I cannot drive the car because the turn signals don't work. Any help to narrow this situation down would be much appreciated!
One easy quick thing you can do is to remove and clean your battery connections. Electrical gremlins are weird, often affected by weather changes and hard to duplicate. Loosen them, rub the contact surfaces with a medium grit sand paper, blow them off and reinstall. What year is your Mitsu? There are other electrical connectors that are probably due to be loosened cleaned and reinstalled.

Mitsu05

One easy quick thing you can do is to remove and clean your battery connections. Electrical gremlins are weird, often affected by weather changes and hard to duplicate. Loosen them, rub the contact surfaces with a medium grit sand paper, blow them off and reinstall. What year is your Mitsu? There are other electrical connectors that are probably due to be loosened cleaned and reinstalled.
Thank you, I will go ahead and try that. Its a 05 limited with 350k km . I have never experienced anything like this before!

Last edited:

mudraider

Adventurer
Then do the grounds. Use the FSM (Factory Service Manual) available for free download at mitsubishilinks.com and find the ground point diagram.

Sent from my pretty good android phone

Mitsu05

Hello folks! found out the problem I bought the truck with a trailer hitch so I removed it yesterday and now I have no intermittent issues with the indicator and fuse burnt fuse. It appears to me the wiring of the trailer hitch was horrible causing the issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94