Help me find new seats!

Arya Ebrahimi

Adventurer
I am on the hunt for replacement front seats for my 80.

The minimum requirements are as follows:

- Integrated armrest(s): Must have an integrated armrest on the Driver's side seat on the console side. All other armrests are welcome, but not required.
- Heat: Must have heating element integrated into seat from OEM
- Fold-flat passenger seat: Passenger seat must have the ability to fold forward/flat for use as a desk, but more importantly to accommodate my extraneous length when sleeping inside. Driver's seat may also fold flat, but not required.

Optional requirements include:

- Adjustable lumbar support
- Adjustable thigh support(I'm tall and prefer a seat with good support close to the backs of my knees)
- Adjustable headrest
- Cooling(not sure how this feature works in other vehicles, so it may be a moot point if there is a complete secondary system required to make it functional)

Now with those requirements in mind, I've found numerous options, but I'm leery of just buying seats off the internet without giving them the old butt test. :D It seems that 2nd row captains chairs from numerous late model mini-vans fit the minimum requirements, but the ones I've looked at don't look particularly comfortable(Town and Country seats). I'm looking for any alternatives you guys might be able to suggest before making the plunge. I did discover that PT Cruiser seats appear to have everything I want in a seat, but am unsure of their comfort having never sat in one.

So anyone have any comments on these or any other seats?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior