Help me find some big boots!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I tried on Scarpas in Banff; they were tight on me. Narrow type tight; they were long enough.
They're stiff and heavy too...

NorthFox

Can not get a set size on euro to us size.

I wear a size 14-15 depending on maker. I wear a size 47 fivefingers. My size 48 shimano mtn bike shows don't fit and the on tongue says they are a 12.3 us size. I wear a pair of size 50 sidi motocross boots.

Thanks for the link though. See if I can find some local to try on.

The Euro conversion is different for each manufacturer. For the Scarpas at least, a 48 is a 14 and they're pretty true to size. You should call them or shoot them an email. I've talked to them several time for ski boots and other hiking boot needs; great service.

NorthFox

I tried on Scarpas in Banff; they were tight on me. Narrow type tight; they were long enough.
They're stiff and heavy too...

I guess it just depends upon which boot you get. My hiking boots are fairly soft and flexible and fit great right out of the box. My hunting boots are still stiff as boards but super supportive when loaded down with weight. They're quite a bit wider and higher volume too.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I guess it just depends upon which boot you get. My hiking boots are fairly soft and flexible and fit great right out of the box. My hunting boots are still stiff as boards but super supportive when loaded down with weight. They're quite a bit wider and higher volume too.
Do they make a zero drop hiker with an anatomical or Munson last?

Most important thing to read: http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfrossi2.htm

Shoes that aren't build on an anatomical last will mush your toes together. A heel and arch support take away the function from your foot.
I'll never buy a traditional shoe/boot again. They were making my feet/knees/hips hurt like crazy.

I have these on right now at work:

Boulder-Boot-2.png

Boulder-Boot-10.png

Last edited:

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
I wear a size 14 (regular/narrow). Not sure what your primary use will be, but I really like my Patagonia hiking boots so far. They're lightweight and very comfortable on longer hikes and backpacking trips. Have lasted me seven years, but that's has been moderate use. Just completely refinished them and hope to get another 5-7 years out of them.

My big, heavy duty boots that I'm wearing these days (bought for snowshoeing/winter tracking) are my Irish Setter Elk Tracker's:

http://hunt.irishsetterboots.com/ir...ish-setter-hunt-mens-12-inch-boot-brownauburn

I bought the 600 gram Thinsulate model after trying all of them on. I wanted/needed warmth for winter use and my poor circulation. I wanted the 1000 gram, but after trying them on, they were way too tight even on my skinny-ish feet. I honestly do not think I have ever worn a more comfortable pair of boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94