Help Roof Top tent over bed with Motorcycle underneath Dodge 2500

dirtrunner0519

Good Morning Everyone,

I am trying to source a rack that I can install on the bed area and keep my cover still attached. So far I have only come up with two options. The rack height needs to be at least 30" from top of the bed rail. Does anyone have suggestions, I am thinking I may have to go custom. I would prefer not to purchase a roof rack.

Option 1: https://www.agricover.com/adarac
Option 2: https://proline4x4.com/shop/accessories/universal-adjustable-bed-rack/
Option 3: http://www.ramingo4x4.it/AFN-ROOF-RACK-FOR-HILUX-VIGO-WITH-LADDER -This is the concept I am looking for just have not found one in the USA.

I am located in Utah so if anyone knows someone that would build one for me too I would be very interested.

ttengineer

Adventurer
I’m confused.

Do you want a bed rack that will carry a RTT AND fit a motorcycle underneath in the bed?

Or at you looking for a rack to go over a bed cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
There is a Lietner rack for sale right now in the for sale forum that will work for you.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Leitner Designs cargo rack for sal...igns-cargo-rack-for-sale.207085/&share_type=t

coastalcop

Go easy on yourself, put the cycle on a hitch mount either the roll up or the lift type.

My RTT is actually mounted to my diamondback cover, all my gear stored in the bed under the cover, and the bike (used both KLR650 and Wr250R) on a hitch mount . The also keeps your roof as the highest point of the truck (RTT sits about 8" below roof height)

ttengineer

Adventurer
I do not want to drill holes in my roof for a roof rack on my truck. As is I just fit in parking structures where I live.

Oh, didn’t see this.

Impossible task to fit a bike and a tent AND keep it below or at level of cab height for low parking garages.

Either put the bike on a hitch mount and mount the tent on any number of bed rails, or don’t take the bike.

dirtrunner0519

Sorry to cause confusion. I will be removing the tent and rack while not being used. My goal is to build something like option 3 and have it adjustable on some sort of electronics or by strength.

CodyY

Explorer
To be blunt, you're making this hard on yourself and expensive.

Retrax Pro XR
Add crossbars for RTT
Hitch carrier for the bike.

BTDT, pulling racks off and on is a pain in the butt. The truck is always in the wrong configuration when something fun or profitable comes up. The setup above gives you lower overall height, better fuel economy, and loading a bike UNDER the RTT is about the least fun thing I can think of after a long day of riding (not to mention if you're even slightly hurt).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WrenchMonkey

Mechanical Animal
BTDT, pulling racks off and on is a pain in the butt. The truck is always in the wrong configuration when something fun or profitable comes up. The setup above gives you lower overall height, better fuel economy, and loading a bike UNDER the RTT is about the least fun thing I can think of after a long day of riding (not to mention if you're even slightly hurt).

^^^ This guy makes a lot of sense...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles