HELP! SoCal Gen 2 Montero’s Get Us Seat Covers from CoverKing!

BayMonty

Just reached out to CoverKing about Custom Leather Seat replacements. They replied and said if there is a Gen 2 Montero in SoCal that they can borrow for 4-6 hours to take measurements, they’d be able to offer it in about 4-6 weeks.

SoCal Gen 2 Montero’s...please help out!

BayMonty

Price estimate? Includes new foam?

I don't have a price estimate but if they take the measurements, I'm pretty sure they can make seat covers and replacements just like they do for other vehicles. Probably no foam.

BayMonty

I’m in Los Angeles, with a gen 2.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss my 2.5. Not sure if the seats are the same. I'm thinking they are. But now we know that they just need to borrow a donor vehicle for a few hours and they'd be able to manufacture it.

Tjtalan

I miss my 2.5. Not sure if the seats are the same. I'm thinking they are. But now we know that they just need to borrow a donor vehicle for a few hours and they'd be able to manufacture it.

I’m honestly learning, so I have no idea haha. I’ll do some research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plh

Explorer
Local upholstery shops or even private guys do great work. Price will probably be similar or even less than Coverking.

BayMonty

Local upholstery shops or even private guys do great work. Price will probably be similar or even less than Coverking.

Cost might be relative to location. Here in my area, most upholstery shops I've called want around $500/seat. I'd rather pay Coverking a few hundred for a pair.

plh

Explorer
Cost might be relative to location. Here in my area, most upholstery shops I've called want around $500/seat. I'd rather pay Coverking a few hundred for a pair.

I'd be totally shocked if you can get leather seats stitched for $200 (a few hundred) a pair. Good leather hides alone will cost more than that. Normally around me its $350/$400 (roughly +/-$200 material, +/-$150 labor, +/-$25 heat insert) a bucket including the heat insert. No new foam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94