Help, Talk me out of it.

Clutch

<---Pass
You fellas just remember the color of the coolest Toyota truck from your childhood.

toyota_1.jpg

Ha ha! True true!

Though the coolest one I remember was in a magazine. For the life of me I can't find it. It was either 4Wheel&Offroad or Four Wheeler.

All I can remember was it was tan and terra-cotta (maybe metallic brown???), sitting on 36" ******** Cepek's with a triple tube roll bar and bumpers I think. Thought it was the coolest thing...probably the first truck that started me down the path of Toyotas...that and visiting my aunt in Arizona when I was 12...there were Toyotas everywhere out there, compared to back in PA...people used to hate Toyotas on the East Coast...I got made fun of relentlessly... "Jap Crap"

It was this color scheme...but heavily modded.

DSC09848.jpg

Last edited:

phsycle

Adventurer
For whatever reason, the new sandstone color in the Tacoma's never did it for me. I think they're a shade darker than the one you've got pictured. I'd probably have gone that route if it were lighter. Couldn't do the two-tone, though. :D

Clutch

<---Pass
For whatever reason, the new sandstone color in the Tacoma's never did it for me. I think they're a shade darker than the one you've got pictured. I'd probably have gone that route if it were lighter. Couldn't do the two-tone, though. :D

I dunno, might be able to do the Sandstone color for nostalgic reasons. But doubtful.

Yeah the old tu-tone, either love it or hate it.

Always liked the stripes better. The early 80's trucks just look so right with a long bed and camper shell.

https://mfpclassiccars.com/toyota/229360-1983-toyota-4x4-sr5-truck.html

I would have to do either Outlaw II's or AR23's for the wheels tho'.

1983-toyota-4x4-sr5-truck-1.jpg

Reactions: bkg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz