Hey Moderators... Rules??

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hey @Dendy Jarrett and @Christian P.

What ever happened to that rule about new members had to have X amount of posts before posting in the classifieds section?

Almost every other forum in existence has this, and i could of sworn it used to be a rule here.

Most forums its at least 50 posts.

This weeds out the scammers just trying to flip a clapped out pile with no remorse.

The classifieds here are being flooded again with brand new members posting stuff for absurd $, minimal details, and disappearing off the forum and not responding to questions

CAN WE PLEASE ADDRESS THIS??????

reync

What ever happened to that rule about new members had to have X amount of posts before posting in the classifieds section?

Almost every other forum in existence has this, and i could of sworn it used to be a rule here.

This weeds out the scammers just trying to flip a clapped out pile with no remorse.

The classifieds here are being flooded again with brand new members posting stuff for absurd $, minimal details, and disappearing off the forum and not responding to questions

I don’t see a location or price on this post.

?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
This may be where some of the confusion comes in. Under the Rules for Posting info, the only mention about ‘thread count’ (no, not talking about cheap sheets here?) is the below highlighted line ⬇️

You are considered to be a business if you:
1. Are trying to sell any products not in your immediate possession
2. Are trying to sell a single product which is NEW and in a quantity greater than 5 units
3. Are trying to sell a single product which is USED in a quantity greater than 10 units
4. Repeatedly sell similar items on a regular basis
5. Reference your own website external to your post for more information, products or services
6. You manufacture, design or resell products
7. You are conducting research or trying to gather data or consumer opinion on a product design
8. Have a post count less than 50.

But I do agree with the concerns shared by others that the for sale forum has been getting way to full of over priced rigs posted by newbies with attitudes who don’t contribute anything else of value to the forums.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member

So I discussed it with @Brian McVickers and @Scott Brady and the consensus is that we actually are okay with brand new member posting a for sale vehicle without having a minimum count of posts.

That said, I am working on adding a pop-up window to remind them of the rules.

zip

I prefer social distancing.

“flip a clapped out pile with no remorse”
???
Why do you have to bring up my girlfriend?

lucilius

Agreed.
This would be a good policy and the result would likely be higher quality, more reliable listings than the current disorganized jumble. Perhaps give newbies with zero posts their own area to sell....or at the very least if they are brand new, their listing appears with a red asterisk or other visible ID letting buyers know the seller is unknown.

Additionally, this site could categorize vehicles for sale in some way to make search easier and more functional. I often wonder how many vehicles get missed/overlooked as the "search" function on this site is somewhat limited e.g. try to search for "Jeep for sale" or similar and see what you get. Ideally, you'd get a list of all the Jeeps for sale on the site but that is not the case. The current layout works, barely and if you've got the time to sift through pages of listings, but it could really be a lot more functional with a little organization. Then again, maybe I am missing some key feature of this site and would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to get a list of all the Jeeps for sale to appear in some organized way.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler

Additionally, this site could categorize vehicles for sale in some way to make search easier and more functional. I often wonder how many vehicles get missed/overlooked as the "search" function on this site is somewhat limited e.g. try to search for "Jeep for sale" or similar and see what you get. Ideally, you'd get a list of all the Jeeps for sale on the site but that is not the case. The current layout works, barely and if you've got the time to sift through pages of listings, but it could really be a lot more functional with a little organization.

No, you’re right….the search function here totally sucks! Almost all of the times I’ve tried to use it, it quickly kicks out useful, limiting modifiers as being too common. And then the results are pretty worthless.

FC65DD82-E719-450E-B5C7-16811C4CA847.jpeg

Last edited:

al415

Observer
No, you’re right….the search function here totally sucks! Almost all of the times I’ve tried to use it, it quickly kicks out useful, limiting modifiers are being too common. And then the results are pretty worthless.

I wish there was a way to filter out the rigs posted with inflated prices until AFTER the inevitable $20k price drop.

ripperj

Explorer
The reason the site management doesn’t want to limit sale ads to actual members vice the “one and done” folks that are taking over the site……they don’t want the the drastic reduction in site traffic. Sales ads are clicks and clicks count :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz