Hodakaguy's Overland Tacoma Builds - On to new adventures!

L3TT3RS

@pooping_outside
Continued from above....

Extending the SwitchPro positive cable.

P8110063-X2.jpg

P8110066-X2.jpg

Extending the OEM Positive cable.

P8110072-X2.jpg

Used 1/0 Welding Cable to tie the two batteries together. Low profile 300A fuses used on each end of the positive cable for direct short protection.

P8110076-X2.jpg

And all wired up! I need to pick up some more white heat shrink tubing so I can finish labeling the rest of the wiring.

P8110103-X2.jpg

P8110114-X2.jpg

P8110119-X2.jpg

Hodakaguy
Man. I am jealous of the level of organization here. So awesome

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jgaz

Adventurer
“And all wired up! I need to pick up some more white heat shrink tubing so I can finish labeling the rest of the wiring”

Would you please explain what you’re using to label your wires with the white shrink tube? At work, I’ve used Brother PTouch labels inside clear shrink tube many times before but I like the look of yours much better.
Sorry, if you’ve explained this before, I may have missed it. Thanks!

BTW: fantastic skills and incredible documentation!

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
“And all wired up! I need to pick up some more white heat shrink tubing so I can finish labeling the rest of the wiring”

Would you please explain what you’re using to label your wires with the white shrink tube? At work, I’ve used Brother PTouch labels inside clear shrink tube many times before but I like the look of yours much better.

this was going to be my question too

Hodakaguy

Adventurer

There are many different brands/models of label makers that will print on shrink tubing. Just look at the price of replacement cartridges...some are $$$.

Link HERE

Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
My father has an upcoming trip planned with his brother so it's time to get his truck set up for the Camper.

First item up is to install the wiring to connect the camper to the trucks Aux battery.

Four Wheel Camper uses an Attwood 3 prong trolling motor connector for the truck to camper power interface. Here I'm getting set up to splice the plug onto the Ancor marine wire.

P8162110-X3.jpg

P8162114-X3.jpg

On all my projects I like to use Ancor Pre-Tinned marine wire, each strand is tinned before it's made into the actual wire. Tinning helps keep the wire corrosion resistant in marine and non-marine environments and keeps the wire reliable for years to come.

P8162113-X3.jpg

Connected

P8162115-X3.jpg

Hole drilled in the corner of the bed for the power plug.

P8162122-X3.jpg

This is a de-burring tool and is sooooo handy. You use it to eliminate the sharp edges around the hole to prevent stress cracks from developing down the road. Because of the shape of the tip you can de-burr the inner and outer edges easily.

P8162119-X3.jpg

P8162118-X3.jpg

Plug installed

P8162125-X3.jpg

P8162126-X3.jpg

Terminating the wire on the fuse box next to the SwitchPro.

P8162128-X3.jpg

P8162129-X3.jpg

P8162134-X3.jpg

P8162136-X3.jpg

Getting ready to swap over the camper to my fathers rig. Before Shot.

P8162142-X3.jpg

Attaching the jacks.

P8162149-X3.jpg

P8162151-X3.jpg

We fabricated some stand off brackets from some plate steel so the front jacks will clear the fenders of the truck when we drop the camper and pull forward.

P8162152-X3.jpg

Continued Below...

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
Continued from above...

The passenger side rear jack mount needed a quick mod to allow the jack to function, when we added the stainless mount to the OEM bracket to support the Shadow awning it caused a slight interference issue when mounting the jack. We fabbed up a quick stand off plate to allow the jack to bolt on with the awning brace in place (Short a couple bolts in these pics).

P8162153-X3.jpg

P8162154-X3.jpg

This adapter allows you to use a drill to run the jacks up and down instead of having to use the hand cranks. Very handy!

P8162162-X3.jpg

Jacks going down, turn buckles removed and camper coming off the truck.

P8162160-X3.jpg

P8162163-X3.jpg

P8162165-X3.jpg

These are the bed bars and camper attach points for the 5' Tacoma trucks, the bars attach to the bed using the factory bed hold down bolts. Tip: To make install easy use a snap tie to attach the front turn buckets to the mounting bar before you install the camper, once the camper is on the truck you can lift up the turn buckle and attach it to the camper without having to fish for the lower tie point. Turn buckles are quick and easy with this method.

P8162167-X3.jpg

P8162169-X3.jpg

P8162168-X3.jpg

Camper installed on my fathers truck, tire pressures set and air bags inflated...here we are watching some aviation videos and my father and uncle are swapping flying stories :)

P8162173-X3.jpg

And back outside. We swapped my fathers canopy over to my truck.

Bammmm....they look totally different now lol.

P8162183-X3.jpg

P8162190-X3.jpg

P8162184-X3.jpg

Hodakaguy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94