Hodakaguy's Overland Tacoma Builds - On to new adventures!

BlackdogGS

Observer
What sliders are you using? I’m looking for some that could also be used as a step to make entry easier for my wife. I’ve seen a few on YouTube that might work but need to ask someone that’s actually using them.

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
What sliders are you using? I’m looking for some that could also be used as a step to make entry easier for my wife. I’ve seen a few on YouTube that might work but need to ask someone that’s actually using them.

I'm running the RCI sliders, the fit and finish work is top notch. If your wanting them for a setup you can order them without the up swept bend (5 deg instead of 20 deg) making it easier to use as a step. They have both options available on their web site here: https://www.rcimetalworks.com/2016-Tacoma-Rock-Sliders-TACO-16-06.htm

Hodakaguy

BlackdogGS

Observer
I'm running the RCI sliders, the fit and finish work is top notch. If your wanting them for a setup you can order them without the up swept bend (5 deg instead of 20 deg) making it easier to use as a step.

Hodakaguy

Thanks, I’m trying to decide if these are overkill for me. They probably weigh as much as a person. While very practical I’m not sure I’ll be doing any hardcore off-roading at this point (I’m nearly 70). I might be better off with just some steps. When I bought the truck the dealer wanted $650 for the factory steps so I declined. Decisions, decisions.

L3TT3RS

@pooping_outside
I'm running the RCI sliders, the fit and finish work is top notch. If your wanting them for a setup you can order them without the up swept bend (5 deg instead of 20 deg) making it easier to use as a step.

Hodakaguy

Thanks, I’m trying to decide if these are overkill for me. They probably weigh as much as a person. While very practical I’m not sure I’ll be doing any hardcore off-roading at this point (I’m nearly 70). I might be better off with just some steps. When I bought the truck the dealer wanted $650 for the factory steps so I declined. Decisions, decisions.
I initially thought I wouldn't be running into anything that I would need skids or sliders as I was only interested in forest service roads and remote camping with the family. There have been numerous occasions that the path I was on decided for me that I needed the added weight. Granted, i went with the most heavy duty sliders on the market ( budbuilt-> 101lbs a piece)[ because i decided i wanted to be able to wheel and play in the rocks etc]

My rule of thumb, is that I'd much rather have that armor and a bit more weight than not have it and need it.

I'll tell ya, its terrible to be 2-3 hours from the nearest person and have to turn around simply because you can't cross a hill or a dip etc because you don't have the protection you would need.

Several companies out there make step sliders that are lightweight and durable. Much more so than your typical "step" would be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BlackdogGS

Observer
Several companies out there make step sliders that are lightweight and durable. Much more so than your typical "step" would be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ll take another look and do a weight comparison on the different bolt on sliders. I was a hard-core wheeler for years but got back into motorcycles 10 years ago. I know my time is limited on 2 wheels and thought the Tacoma would fill that void. I’m not sure how far I’ll push 4 wheeling this time around.

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
Summer rain and dry land wheat.

P5310045-X2.jpg

Hodakaguy

MCX

TalesFromTheDesert.com
Great pictures, as always! That looks like a great air & space museum...I definitely need to check that out (would be awesome to see the Spruce Goose in person).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94