Home Depot Flatbed Camper Build...

Rebuilder

Builder of Things That Interest Me
FINALLY!! My hand is better so I can get back to work. I was able to go on some camping/road trips in my ERV which was nice but I sure did miss being in the shop building stuff.

Continuing on with closing in the back. I added some extra support for the tire mount and the 4 holes will be for the actual bracket that holds the tire. I'll probably add a little platform for the tire to sit on so the camper frame won't have to hold all the weight. Also finally got the actuators installed on temporary brackets.

KIMG1402.JPGKIMG1403.JPGKIMG1404.JPGKIMG1405.JPGKIMG1415.JPGKIMG1416.JPG

Up next is mounting the rams and then finishing the insulation panels in the back.

Attachments

• KIMG1404.JPG
    KIMG1404.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • KIMG1405.JPG
    KIMG1405.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
  • KIMG1407.JPG
    KIMG1407.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • KIMG1414.JPG
    KIMG1414.JPG
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 52

ITTOG

FINALLY!! My hand is better so I can get back to work. I was able to go on some camping/road trips in my ERV which was nice but I sure did miss being in the shop building stuff.

Continuing on with closing in the back. I added some extra support for the tire mount and the 4 holes will be for the actual bracket that holds the tire. I'll probably add a little platform for the tire to sit on so the camper frame won't have to hold all the weight. Also finally got the actuators installed on temporary brackets.

View attachment 679151View attachment 679152View attachment 679153View attachment 679154View attachment 679149View attachment 679150

Up next is mounting the rams and then finishing the insulation panels in the back.
Did you ever finish this camper?

Rebuilder

Did you ever finish this camper?

Long story short is not yet because I quite my job and moved into my own shop to start building things full time and haven't had the time to get back to it. My main focus has been customer projects and finishing my ERV and then I'll get back to this one.... really I will :giggle:.

Rebuilder

Great question. I'll weigh it soon.
Finally getting back to working on this and the shell weight is approximately 1300 pounds including the hydraulic cylinders which are 60 pounds each (without hydraulic fluid). It's been a while since I've checked but I think I have 4000 pounds payload to work with so I think I'll be OK. The truck rides like a tank empty so some weight in the back will definitely help.

Rebuilder

Getting back in the swing of things. First project was installing a few windows and a nice big access door for an outdoor kitchen and storage. The indoor kitchen will be along that same wall so the idea is to be able to grab things from the cabinets from inside or outside. We'll see how practical or even feasible that is when I get a little further along.

KIMG3578.JPG

Here's the rear window. I also have one for the drivers side but I still need to figure out the exact location.

KIMG3588.JPG

Here are some interior shots with blue tape to help figure out the layout. Took a few tries but I think I landed on a good one. More on the layout later....

KIMG3580.JPG

40 gallons of water might be a bit much but I had the space so why not.

KIMG3581.JPG

KIMG3582.JPG

The rear corner will be an L shape dinette with storage and room for the hydraulics.

KIMG3583.JPG

In front of the dinette will be a large storage cabinet. The bed will extend out over where the water tank.

KIMG3586.JPG

Up next is running the hydraulic lines.....

Attachments

• KIMG3584.JPG
    KIMG3584.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne