Homemade expedition trailer build

honda250xtitan

Trailer is officially legal. got it registered at the MVD....130@. The inspection was a joke, she just measured the trailer....lol. They asked cost, so i said 900 lol. No receipts needed. Called it a "utility trailer" lol. Permanent tag, got the title, and got a vin for it.

Also spent some time tonight on the wiring and installing the water pump. Also have my 10" heretic studio light bar mounted up. Cant wait to get the battery hooked up and test everything.

honda250xtitan

Got my onboard electrical setup...It's funny how much wiring you can run on such a small trailer. Wire for trailer brakes, trailer lights, aux lights, wires to the fuse box, to the negative bus bar, to the switch panel, from 7 pin to battery for charging while towing, etc. etc. Battery sits in a box directly under the wood panel.IMG_4119.JPG

honda250xtitan

Thanks! I'm a week or so out from doing the the MVD run myself.

Nice. i went to the MVD out on litchfield or Dysart and VanBuren. Assuming you're in AZ lol. I originally told them 1000 for building the trailer, that made them request receipts, which i didn't have any on me and its a bit of a drive back to my house in downtown phx lol. So i changed my price to 900 and all was good. Also told them it'll carry 1000lbs max and it weighs 1000lbs empty (it does i checked on the scale at the dairy). She didn't open the doors but i didn't have the water tank/pump installed or any electrical ran except my trailer lights.

honda250xtitan

its almost camping season but I'm slowly putting less time in the trailer as it gets to be almost done. Need 1 solid day and it'll be finished. I got the majority of my plumbing done for the 10 gallon tank and the little pump. need to mount my quick connect shower thing. Just need to wire in my interior led lights, wire the constant hot from the 7 pin to the battery, and wire the trailer brakes. Then paint it...and use it a lot hopefully....or post it on craigslist for 10k lol

honda250xtitan

electrical tidied up, mounted the blue sea switch panel, and also did a thing to the mommy mobile...6112's for about 2" front lift and 1.5" rear springs.

Attachments

• IMG_4162.jpg
    IMG_4162.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_4163.jpg
    IMG_4163.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4165.jpg
    IMG_4165.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 176
  • IMG_4178.jpg
    IMG_4178.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 170

honda250xtitan

Got the water up and running. Still haven't figured out how to clamp the 1.25 fill hose to the 1.5" female balloon fitting thats in the tank. I ran a reducer with a ball valve and a 1" nipple, the hose didn't slide over it. And reducing down to 3/4 probably wont work cause the sizing is way off. i feel it'll pinch and leak all over. SO I just added a hose barb to my ball valve thats actin as my vent. Just throw the small vinyl hose on that before i leave to fill the tank, remove the tubing and then i can still use it as the vent when i run the pump. The tank has 4 fittings. 2 1.5" female balloon and 2 1/2" female NPT fittings.
http://classacustoms.blogspot.com/2017/02/water-tank-information-class-customs.html

honda250xtitan

Pulled the trailer around phoenix over the weekend. Did fine, trailer lights are super bright which is nice. The 10" heretic light bar tapped in as the reverse light is super useful for my long dark driveway.

Tonight I got the water jug mount and front runner fuel tank mount attached....Also finally found a 1.25 hose barb. it was with the hose clamps at Ace -__-IMG_4268.jpgIMG_4269.jpgIMG_4271.jpg

Last edited:

honda250xtitan

Looking good man! Is the water jug the same "water tank" you mentioned, or you have a water tank inside plus that jug?
yea I have a 10 gallon tank under the trailer. the skid plate for it is visible in some of the picrtures. This jug is more my drinking water, the tank with the pump is more for cleanup, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles