How About Some Current Reports and Updates From EXPO WEST For Us Poor Souls Who Are Not There!

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
It's like the Superbowl, the World Series, and the Oklahoma Land Rush all thrown together. Trucks! Trailers! Parts! Camping Toilets! Dogs!

And beer. Can't forget the beer...

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I have been to most of the Expos including the first one at Prescott. I have watched it grow from a very small event to the huge monster it is now. I won’t be back as I dislike crowds and standing in line. The entrance this morning was a bit over 1.5 hours of stop n go traffic. I guess if I was younger and fitter all the walking and waiting in line might be more tolerable.

But there sure is a lot of cool stuff here and I did buy a few things.

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
I can go around all the traffic and park my SAR truck right in the middle of everything, but I saw all the congestion and lines for the beer thing, and this was only FRIDAY!

Candidly, Expo is almost an overdose of wonderful stuff, 'specially the hundreds of very cool vehicles. You see one that blows you away, and then, a few hundred meters away, here's something even wilder. I have to be careful because I tend to be very… spontaneous about buying stuff (three years ago, I was looking at maybe getting a shirt and some books, and ended up buying a BMW 1200GS). The guy I bought it from had to take a Greyhound back to his home.

My partner-in-crime, Christine, and I have, been retired for a long time - we made a good living raising badgers and wolverines - so we have time to wander around the West pretty much whenever and wherever we want. I really love driving, and am partial to huge, loud, high-off-the-ground diesel vehicles. So of course when I see something like an EXV on a hulking International or Kenworth chassis, I immediately begin salivating. But I promised not to get out of hand and come home with something completely outrageous this time.

Of course, I say that EVERY year...

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
This year there were tons of vendor deals ranging from 10% to 20% that I took advantage of....sliders, 4 skid plates, fridge, awning and a wedge camper and every deal was killer.

DCGibbs

Observer
We went 1800+ miles round trip. 5 nights in the Transit Van and 1 night in a hotel. Several $ 100 dollars in fuel. We went down to "Make a decision," of Mercedes Sprinter versus Ford Transit. Well - I think my head blew-up. Now, I am considering selling the 88 62 Series LandCruiser to purchase a new Turbo-diesel HJ Double Cab Toyota LandCruiser Pickup to pull an off-highway camp trailer. I almost feel that I have violated myself. It's Wednesday, I've been home 48 hours, and really can't get my head back into the "Work" game. I'd rather be out Fly-fishing, or shooting photos.
IMG_2529[1].JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles