How are Novacool fridges? w/ Danfoss compressor / RFS7501

LosAngeles

How are Novacool fridges? w/ Danfoss compressor / RFS7501

Hi all

The biggest fridge that Hallmark will install in a 9.5’ pop up camper is the 7.2 CU side by side. Novacool RFS7501. It can’t be a fridge taller than this one, as the roof pops down….

Pretty sure we want a 12v / 120v only fridge…. so does not need to be level at all, ever, and also we never need to worry about changing modes on the fridge (12v / 120v / propane)

How is this fridge? Anyone have any experience with this fridge, or brand? This model uses a Danfoss compressor.

Yes we want this much capacity for extended off the grid adventures, with lots of fresh food with us.

Thanks!

J.

LosAngeles

Sorry to hear of your not ideal experiences

May I ask - how many watts solar do you have?

how many amp hours of battery do you have?

meet cells, AGM, or Lithium?

And what time of year, what weather, and what location? In terms of angle of sun, length of day, and shade vs clear

I ask only as I am designing our system now.

Mee currently plan to have 380 watts roof solar, 200 watts lithium,some power from the F350 (and rarely staying in one spot with no driving for longer than 24 hours) plus a backup Honda 2200 for occasional top up if need be.
Thx. :)

“Pretty sure we want a 12v / 120v only fridge…. so does not need to be level at all, ever, and also we never need to worry about changing modes on the fridge (12v / 120v / propane)”

I have a 12v/120 NovaCool and have had problems with it running too continuously and also with it’s surprisingly (and disappointingly) hungry use of 12v power. Boondocking is more problematic than it should be, even with a second battery and solar.

I would not worry too much about having a propane 3 way fridge. I think these newer 12v systems have been oversold to us. We had the 3 way fridges in most of our previous rigs and NEVER worried about having enough gas to run them effectively while boondocking. The leveling issues are overblown....yeah they were a PITA to start with, but we quickly (and rather easily) adapted to that need, simply by carrying sufficient numbers of plastic leveling pads.

I’m sure others may disagree, but personally, I really miss having a three way, propane fridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior