How do soft sided popup truck campers handle weather conditions?

gwwing

Ran my flippac in some heavy wind out on the NV desert. Enough wind to lift and fling my old heavy camp table more then a couple yards. Handled it well but just wondering if it would hold did impact sound sleeping. Faced a couple heavy Tstorms in Nebraska in my new Palomino Bronco and slept like a babe. Not as noisy and dry. Very pleased and wife also happy. Both great units but have to lean towards comfort of the Palomino Bronco.

zidaro

Explorer
Northstar tc650 in the Sierras.
No problems in weather. some venting helps with the condensation that any camper gets- soft or hard-sided. IE, crack a window to let the moisture escape. An awning is nice to have over the door in rain to enter dry. Heavy snow must shoveled off to raise the roof, lowering requires a friend too to make it easier if there is weight up there.
Solar is the option i think is most important- above the basics like a fridge, heater, stove, bed. Allows me to run a DC fridge/freezer 24/7, waste tons of power during the nights with lights and heater fan, charge my toys, and crank my stereo if i need too :)

Runt

Adventurer
Phoenix pop up here......sleep in it in sub zero Celsius all the time. Coldest it has been is -32 with it so far. No issues and I stay nice & warm. I did have the 20,000 btu furnace put in and extra insulation, Been in it in howling winds with no issues......rain only a couple times as up north its mostly snow since I have had it. Love the pop up camper and would never buy a hard sided camper again!

nranger05

I have a 2010 Northstar MC600 riding on my Ranger. It has performed exceptionally in all kinds of weather. Wind has certainly been no problem, nor has rain. It is important to ensure adequate ventilation in cold and wet climates to avoid condensation buildup. Although I'm very happy with the Northstar, I'd really consider FWC next since they now offer more options and have eliminated the outside window flaps. The Northstar is also easy to raise and lower the top.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I have slept in mine in freezing temps, high winds and now rain. The wind wasn't a factor at all. Gentle swaying of the entire truck, but no flapping at all. Much nicer than any of the trailers we have owned.

As far as the rain on the roof, that woke me up numerous times throughout the night. The next morning I was surprised to learn that I was the only person that was annoyed by the rain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior