How to get behind the dash on my E350

Photobug

My 2009 E 350 did not come with an owner's manual of any kind. So I have no idea where my fuses even are, well kind of. Normally my vehicles had them in the glove box on pax side but here the box is tiny and the area above looks like an airbag. I have a number of things I am looking to do wiring wise and want to get the best methods for getting under the dash to access the wires and fuses and such. On a warm day here it is in the high 20s so it is not conducive to crawling around to explore. I will likely take my wiring tools on vacation down south to do the wiring upgrades but want to get an idea first where I need to look and begin to understand what is going on "behind the curtain" or under the dash.

Things I am looking to do.

Swap out one of the two cigarette outlets for a USB or other specific outlet.
Bring another wire run from the house battery to the front panel for maybe to run the stereo or a 3rd 12v outlet (there is already a hole in the dash panel for this)
Hardwire a dash camera.

Just guessing by looking around, is my fuse panel is under my knees in the driver seat and I will need to remove the center consul engine cover from the center of the van to get to the wiring for the 12v ?

20210106_165708 (1).jpg

Bigly

Wannabe
I know you can pull the left panel to get to the fuse block. Not sure about the rest. What electronics holder is that in the upper center of your dash and how does it attach?

WVI

Adventurer
Wow. I haven't seen that model dash. I like it.
On the 07, if you pull the knee panel off below the steering wheel and also removing the engine cover offers some access. Maybe enough to accomplish what you intend to do.

Photobug

I know you can pull the left panel to get to the fuse block. Not sure about the rest. What electronics holder is that in the upper center of your dash and how does it attach?

I was able to see what looks like a fuse panel under the dash on the drivers side behind the parking brake. I was thinking I had to pull the panel by my knees to get to the fuse panel. The panel is extremely tight and everything is very awkward to get to. I will likely only be able to get to the fuse panel with the door open and likely have to remove the center engine cover completely from the vehicle to get to the dash. It will have to wait till spring or a trip south.

The center electronics holder is a pad holder. It is brand new and never seen the pad yet. It is suction cupped to the window, and has an extendable arm and rotating pad mount. Powering the pad will be easy from the two cigarette lighter outlets. I was thinking of installing the dash cam above the rearview mirror so getting the wires up there will require some work, as will getting a power pulled from the coach battery. My wiring skills are good my wire hiding skills suck. Any suggestions?

Betarocker

Adventurer
To get the wires to the ceiling, just remover the Holy $#!÷ Handle and pop the A-pillar cover off.

If you want the dash cam to turn on when the truck turns on, find a circuit in the fuse box that energizes in the key position you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior