We wanted to show you HOW TO use your MAXTRAX. Take a look at the instructions and ASK QUESTIONS if you have any. We've also included a video at the bottom of this post.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
1. When your vehicle fails to proceed, STOP and retrieve your MAXTRAX. Spinning your wheels, particularly in soft sand, will only bury your vehicle deeper.
2. Clear debris and obstructions from around tires and underbody components such as diffs, axles and sidesteps. MAXTRAX can be inverted and used as a shovel. It is essential that the wheels are bearing the weight of the vehicle, not spinning freely in mid-air. You may need to use a long-handled shovel to clear beneath the vehicle's undercarriage.
3. WEDGE the MAXTRAX FIRMLY against the tire tread, in front of both front tires if attempting to drive forward, or behind both rear tires if attempting to reverse. Ensure that the MAXTRAX are pointing in the intended direction of immediate travel. The MAXTRAX should not lay flat on the ground but protrude at an angle (as shown above). Lowering your tire pressures now can greatly improve the available traction to ensure a successful recovery. Using the telltale leashes will also make finding your buried MAXTRAX that much easier.
4. Clear the area of personnel and climb back into your vehicle. Double check to ensure the area is clear of personnel before starting the engine.
5. Engage low ratio, first gear and GENTLY accelerate. DO NOT SPIN YOUR WHEELS! The slow rotation allows the tyres to grip the lugs on top of the MAXTRAX and draw them under. Wheel spin will damage your MAXTRAX (by generating sufficient heat to melt the material and burn off the teeth), and dig you in deeper. MAXTRAX damaged by wheel spin are not covered under warranty.
6. If the tires do not immediately grip the MAXTRAX and drag them underneath, STOP, reposition the MAXTRAX so that they are FIRMLY WEDGED against the tire's treads, and try again. DO NOT SPIN YOUR WHEELS! You may also need to clear more debris to ensure the wheels are bearing the vehicle's weight.
7. Once the tires gain traction, maintain the momentum until the vehicle reaches firm ground. Repeat the entire procedure if necessary.
8. Retrieve your MAXTRAX. Our bright orange telltale leashes should make them easy to find, even if they're completely buried.
PLEASE NOTE: MAXTRAX are not indestructible and may be damaged during normal use through no fault of the manufacturer due to, but not limited to, the following factors: terrain conditions; the weight of the vehicle; vehicle fittings such as bullbars, rear bars, tow bars and side steps; suspension design and height; size, compound and type of tire; and vehicle approach, departure and ramp-over angles. Recovering a stuck vehicle is not risk-free. Please take the necessary precautions to ensure your own safety and the safety of those nearby.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE MAXTRAX MKII AND OTHER PRODUCTS: