Howdy (new guy with '95 Zoo truck)

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Hey folks -

just wanted to introduce myself... The whole truck expidition is relatively new to my girlfriend and myself, but we are definitely bitten by the bug. I spent months researching the perfect vehicle for our needs (20+mpg, 85mph cruise, sleeps 2 for a week, capable on class 3 trails easily) before I realized that my backup truck already fits the bill better than anything else. (I'm a BMW dude first and foremost, 1987 535iS)... So we stuck a mattress under the camper shell and went off into the wilds of Death Valley for our first trip. When I found these forums and couldn't find a single Isuzu Pickup, I knew I had to join. Right now, with the exception of a shell, BFG A/T's and a handheld GPS it is completely stock. Eventually:
* 2" lift (probably Calmini)
* better bumper, with driving lights
* H4 upgrades to the stock lights
* a more permanent setup under the camper shell
* custom Mac Mini with touchscreen, GPS, and DVD capability :D
* Rodeo gas tank for dual tank setup
* Rodeo swingout tire holder
And I'm sure the list will get longer as time goes by. Here's a few pictures as it sits right now. I hope to become a regular on these forums - from what I've seen so far y'all seem like a knowledgable group..
normal_l3.jpg

normal_DSCF1537.JPG

normal_DSCF1628.JPG

normal_DSCF1634.JPG

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Welcome BK! You have a great little truck there. I bought a 92 Isuzu P/U brand new, and have been hooked on Isuzu ever since. Traded up to a Rodeo, and then to my current Trooper. Keep us posted on your progress and trips, and do not be afraid to ask questions, we will be more than happy to help.

CLynn85

Explorer
Nice truck. My neighbor had a 4x4 isusu sb pickup back when I was in hs. Always thought it was a cool little truck. Welcome to the forum!

Scott Brady

Founder
Welcome! Great little truck... Those Isuzu platforms are quite stout. I would recommend keeping the tires on the smaller size (like a 31") and gaining some clearance with a moderate lift (crank the torsions, ball joint flip and new rear springs). 1.5" would be perfect and would save you the money from a Calmini lift.

It will be fun to watch the build.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Build is mildly delayed - should be able to start up again in a month or two. The BMW takes precedent, as I am using my upcoming smog check to build a custom exhaust and get an engine chip and some other goodies. Combine that with a new 50+hr/week job and I'm suddenly on the opposite end of the spectrum from what I'm used to - lots of money but no time to spend it...

Tires are gonna happen soon, though - Still deciding between Geolanders and my old favorite All Terrain T/A... Definitely gonna be 31x10.5-15 (stock)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94