HZJ79 Split rims

I have found a set of new HZJ79 Split Rims which I love the look of and are super rare here in the UK. Unfortunately, my Landcruiser was totaled a few weeks ago by a tree so I can't check if they will fit for when I find a new Cruiser. I'm looking at either a Landcruiser 100 or possibly an 80 if I can find one that isn't rusted out.

My question is will the HZJ Split Rims fit either an 80 or 100 Series cruiser?

The seller told me it is 90mm between stud centers.

Stamped on the rim is 16x5.50F SDC G N 31

Thanks in advance for info.

ekapel

I had split rims on my 1984 FJ60 and they require inner tubes. Tire shops do not like them as they are
dangerous when mounting tires. Also, I am pretty sure they will be 6-lug and a 100 is 5-lug.

nickw

Adventurer
I had split rims on my 1984 FJ60 and they require inner tubes. Tire shops do not like them as they are
dangerous when mounting tires. Also, I am pretty sure they will be 6-lug and a 100 is 5-lug.
I thought about getting some on my FJ40 a few years back, I called around to see if I'd have issues getting tires mounted, some shops wouldn't touch em' while others didn't have a problem at all. The Toyota ones do get a bad rap since it's a relatively safe split design with it's lip ring compared to some of the older ones where was more of a true (2) piece rim design:

1589466019056.png

1HaytchZed

FYI, these aren't DOT approved, so the added risk is in an event of an accident, the insurance company can use it as a finding to deny any claims. I had thought about using these for my 100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles