I got one! A Truck that is

JMyerz

Adventurer
So it would seem that I am now the black sheep of the group here at the portal.

I now own a '98 Nissan Frontier kingcab, black. Its got the 5speed and 4cyl with a brand new canopy (matching) and 31x10.50 BFG ATs.

So far so good. best part is it only has 63k and manual hubs!!

So let the mods begin! Speaking of mods, I've got these funky looking torsion bar things and no coilovers :smilies27 and I'm curious if anyone knows the best route for 265/75R16s and which gears?

Thanks!

Justin

blaze one

Adventurer
well congrats on the aquirement , ha ! , you think you have the "black sheep" , I'm driving a CHEVY ! . Also with torision bars , you can probably get a relocation kit for those , if they are hanging low after a lift . Also , you can do a Torsion Bar Crank mod and gain a few inches of lift in the front .
Also check out which gears you have now , but with the 4cyl , you will really see a difference in power after going to a larger tire , but you have excellent fuel economy though . there is lots of aftermarket support for your truck , so you wont have a problem with finding stuff to spend your money on .

Scott Brady

Founder
Sounds like a great truck Justin. Lets see some pictures :)

What are your plans with the truck? Mild trails and exploration? If I remember correctly, you wanted to do some photography as well?

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Congrats on your new purchase Justin. You picked up a very good truck, that should serve you very well. Post up some pics, c'mon, lets see it.:D

JMyerz

Adventurer
I'll get pics today!

I plan to use it for light expedition, surfing and my main photo rig. I found a 2" OME lift and will probably get that with some 265/75s. I did however just find out that those gears are $400 a set :eek:

J

IggyB

Adventurer
To fit 265 just give the torsion bars a couple of cranks (just enough to fit the tires) and trim the front mudflaps. I've done that on mu 2000 Crew Cab.

For gears you might be better off finding wrecked Frontier and swapping the rear axle and the front diff centersection. 4.636 and 4.90 gears are available depending on the year.

Come and visit us at :

www.nissanoffroad.net

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the group! If you need any locations to pickup equipment specifically for Nissan's let me know and I'll do my best pointing you in the right direction.

JMyerz

Adventurer
Thanks BN,

I think I found all the right places, calmini, 4x4 parts, SLR racing and total chaos. I also followed those links form you previous post about your truck for other forums.

I just found out I have 4.6 gears, and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to run 32s without a evil BL or spending over $1000 for a torsion bar lift and then having to upgrade that steering. Can anyone say SAS? I knew you could....:ylsmoke:

J

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Yeah if you're serious enough it might be wise to save money on a lift and have fun with what you have for a while then sometime down the road do the SAS. Suspension and steering-wise I have almost $1500 already invested. So save it and do it right later.

JMyerz

Adventurer
thats kinda what I'm thinking. I know I could get a SOA done up front with leafs for about the same price tag.

I'm also looking to using a HP D30 from a Jeep and seeing if I could fab up control arm mounts and spring mounts as well.

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior