I love you guys!

maineman

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and I am so impressed with the huge amount of great info and experience here. It's difficult in this part of the country (Maine) to find other wheelers interested in expedition-type travel. Most of them build their rigs for mud-runs. I've stolen lots of very valuable ideas and inspiration from Bajataco's site in the past, but I didn't really know that there were many other people out there doing what I love to do. Thanks for the education and I hope I can contribute a little bit.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Welcome to our growing family "maineman"....!

Now we need some pics of your rig and some of your trips!

Post'em up ...........:coffee:

Aloha!

maineman

Thanks. I have no digital pics available, but it's an 06 Tacoma Acab with a high ARE cap and only a couple of small mods now. Just sold my 04 tacoma that was well-prepped for wilderness travel. I've been dragging my feet on building up this 06 because I just don't have the confidence in it that I did in all of my older Toyota trucks. I'm especially cautious and jaded because I just had an 05 Tacoma that went back to Toyota as a lemon.
My "expeditions" over the years have been all through Labrador and northern Quebec up to Hudson Bay, and criss-crossing the Great North Woods of northern Maine. All pretty tame stuff compared to many of you guys. But I'm dreaming of some larger, more far-flung adventures in the near future.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the ExPo!!! Keep us posted on your truck, and the build up when it starts to happen. I highly doubt you have gotten another lemon from Toyota, a very rare occurrence to begin with.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Welcome...glad to have you here. :D

God i love the North Maine Woods...Allegash,Baxter...and points North. I made a habit of visiting average twice a year for about 8-10 years, then started spending time elsewhere. Went back to the North Woods last August and loved the return visit. I'm sure i'll be asking for some of your favorite hidden gems!

:campfire:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
It's official we have a Mainiac on the board :hehe: We now have the whole east coast covered from north to south! Looking forward to hearing more on your build.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Very Kewl!

Make sure you guys remember to post up on our locator map!!!!
:D

VIEW WHERE YOUR EXPEDITION PORTAL BUDDIES LIVE HERE
spotman.gif

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Closer to home!

maineman said:
Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and I am so impressed with the huge amount of great info and experience here. It's difficult in this part of the country (Maine) to find other wheelers interested in expedition-type travel. Most of them build their rigs for mud-runs. I've stolen lots of very valuable ideas and inspiration from Bajataco's site in the past, but I didn't really know that there were many other people out there doing what I love to do. Thanks for the education and I hope I can contribute a little bit.

Welcome aboard. I'm not too far from you over to the East. Bajataco's website has been a source of great inspiriation for me as well. As you mention most people arround here build rigs for mud running. I'd be interested in a trip to Quebec or Labrador some day!
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your truck.
Cheers,
P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online