I Need A Motorcycle Before I Go INSANE!

Im phishing for the best overland motorcycle to trade for my (2 for 1) 1990 Dodge W-150 and 1990 Imperial 20' Cutty Cabin combo.

What id like to do is build a bike that can comfortably cruise on the highway but still take the back roads with ease.
Grew up on motorcycles but got old real fast so dont need fancy just uber reliable and easy to PM myself.

I think id like something big but dont know enough about overlanding to say for sure.

Any and all comments will be greatly appreciated.

(First joined in 2010 but never had anything to say before :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

peneumbra

Explorer
I got myself a used 1200GS, which is great for paved roads and dirt roads - all I'm ever going to use it for.
If you're going to do serious off-roading, consider something a bit lighter...

peneumbra

Explorer
I got myself a used 1200GS, which is great for paved roads and dirt roads - all I'm ever going to use it for.
If you're going to do serious off-roading, consider something a bit lighter...

peneumbra

Explorer
Well, if you combined the two, you might end up with something... interesting.
For paved and dirt roads, you don't even need the GS - a regular 1200 RT would do just as well.
The only real reason I got the GS was that a guy at last year's Expo had one for sale with a low suspension/seat setup at a good price, and they make you look pretty cool ('specially when you wear one of those spacesuit things when you're riding).

ihatemybike

Explorer
The upper image is a Motoped, road legality is questionable in many areas.
https://motoped.com/

Check out CSC Motorcycles. They are a seller of brand engineered Chinese motorcycles that has been around for several years and I've mostly seen favorable reviews for.
Adventure bike called the RX3, 250cc, $3895, $230 doc & assm, $150 crate
Dual sport called the TT250w $2195, $230 doc & assm, $150 crate
http://www.cscmotorcycles.com

Thanks for the comments.

Anyone here building an electric or hybrid dual purpose motorcycle?
(Large frame: 6'2" & 250+)

There are roughly 350+ days of sunshine a year here, i will live 100% off grid soon, so renewables (solar and wind) are certainly in my future.

The first is what i want but the second is what i can afford (and build in my gravel driveway)...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 27
Peneumbra
What is it about the BMW's that make them so desirable?

(I know the boxer design is shared by Porsche and VW among others (even Tuckers used a boxer helicopter engine) but its gotta be something more or else everybody would just transplant a $700 VW rebuild a-la von dutch.)

Hell, maybe thats the next project for me. A VW powered dual sport/ overlander...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 34

lonestrom

Adventurer
Can't go wrong with a KLR650.
a84a487863c9bd87f13ee0ab0fdfb399.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members