I-pod compatible car stereo

kevin

Observer
I had way to many compact discs in my trooper, in the glove compartment, map pockets, etc. They were getting dirty, scratched, and lost, and taking up way to much space. I decided to install an I-pod compatible stereo. It was a very simple installation, the same as any other stereo except routing the I-pod cable do your desired location. I chose the lower din below my head unit, although you could place the I-pod almost anywhere, glove box, center console, etc. It is not necessary to be able to see or acess the I-pod as it can be controlled from the head unit. You can search your library with the head units "jog" controll. I chose Alpines new CDA-9856 wich has "full speed" searching of your library, unlike the slower previous models. You can search just as fast as if you were using the I-pod directly. The sound quality is great. It will never skip. I have acess to thousands of songs, and I can use the extra gigs to store digital photos on extended trips. I will never go back to CD.

Attachments

• alpine 005.jpg
    alpine 005.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 55

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Very cool:exclaim:

I recently installed a Kenwood Sirius head-unit. I love my Sat radio and hardly ever listen to my CD's in the car anymore.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Very nice Kevin, and a very clean install. I am with Calamari, I love my Sirius. I have a JVC Sirius head unit and I have listened to nothing but Sat Radio since I got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior