Icon stage one or stage two?

prerunner221

Adventurer
Ended up speaking with Hugo at Toytec and he pushed me in the direction of a Toytec Boss kit, custom sprung in the front for the weight I carry and using my current OME Heavy springs in the rear with their shocks. It should be here in a week or so. Really looking forward to seeing how it handles compared to the OME heavies, which have been great. Thanks for the recomendations.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
We have a customer with Icon on a Taco that we installed. I don't recall what stage. Its nice stuff, but man, for a weekend warrior 2 or 3 trips a year, is it worth the expense? That's something only you can decide. If I remember right he spent maybe $3k on the lift itself. One of the guys here at the shop has this Toytec setup http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/3-Lift-W-Bilstein-5100-Front-Coilovers_p_1198.html on his 4th gen Runner he really likes. He is not carrying any weight though.
If you get this, make sure and get the hd coils. I had the superflex coils on my fjc, and I noticed you had a dirtbike on the rear hitch. With the superflex coils you would be sagging bigtime with that weight back there.
Edit, I see you already purchased. Seems like a good choice you made.

shark31

I have ICON stage 4 (front and rear resi and UCA). Couldn't be happier, the suspension makes on road driving MUCH improved, and the off road driving is night and day.

IMG_3766.JPG

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Lots of people running Icons. Lots of venders will custom valve them for your use.
IMHO that's the best thing about Icon, you can have them re-valved to ride like King, FOX, Radflo, Sway-A-Way tune theirs out of the box. But this is, I absolutely admit, a personal preference.
If you’re rig is really heavy, you’ll probably be better off with 2.5s all the way around.
That's true. The one thing I wish I'd done on my suspension is to just buck up for 2.5" bodies in the back or at least reservoirs. I run a regular 2.0 in the rear and it's marginal. I run a 2.5 in the front with no reservoirs and it's been plenty fine for my use (no desert racing!).

Last edited:

shark31

+1,000 If there was a 2.5" with reservoir option available for the rear of 1st gens I would jump on it.

Plannerman said:
If you’re rig is really heavy, you’ll probably be better off with 2.5s all the way around.
That's true. The one thing I wish I'd done on my suspension is to just buck up for 2.5" bodies in the back or at least reservoirs. I run a regular 2.0 in the rear and it's marginal. I run a 2.5 in the front with no reservoirs and it's been plenty fine for my use (no desert racing!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94