Identify this rack rail?

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I just bought this cap on FB Marketplace. It has these rails which my be Thule? I don't have any other parts. I'd like to do a canoe rack. Does anyone know what this style of rack/rail is called and/or the best place to find uprights and crossbars that would work with it?cap.jpgCapturer.JPG?

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Can you post a close-up of he end caps? Looks like Yakima tracks to me.

If ARE offers tracks mounted as an option with new shells, that might narrow it down.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I got curious and poked around a little. Took a closer look at your shell, and it's a Leer. Leer offers Thule as a factory option, so that's my new guess. Whenever I need rack parts or accessories, I usually order them from ORS Racks Direct. They often have sales and online coupons and free shipping, and I think they have a lot of stuff for canoes and kayaks.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Thanks, the PO said he thought it was Thule as well. It appears ORS Racks Direct is no more

I have a Leer cap with the same tracks and they fit Thule uprights, but don’t seem to be a Thule product? I bought my topper used and it was missing the end cap and the Thule caps are not a match.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
When I needed some obsolete Yakima components, ORS sent me to ReRack.com and they had what I needed. ReRack sells new and NOS and (probably) used rack stuff. They have lots of inventory for a bunch of brands and are very helpful. They would know if perhaps the Yak and Thule tracks can take the same accessories, or could ID what you have.