IFAV USMC 290GDT in the new G-wagen Magazine

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Great pictures and an extensive write-up in the new G-wagen Magazine about the 290GDT in the service of the US Marine Corps, as the Interim Fast Attack Vehicle (IFAV).
Also, the "centerfold" is the 2013 G-wagen G-63 AMG and the 612HP G-65 AMG......

The new G-wagen issue has arrived and is available at

http://www.g-wagenaccessories.com/Pages/G-wagen Magazine.htm

10673560fx.jpg

Prd_Cdn

Thats awesome!!! The Canadian Army has been fielding the G-Wagon since early 2004/5 (can't remember when exactly)
Though the CF's is a hard top, the windows do not roll down in 'up-armoured' package. I would have loved to have what the marines are using
when I was in RECCE. !!!

otiswesty

Regular guy
Got my issue last week
Interesting writeup on the IFAV. Knowing that Eurotruck Importers just picked up the spares for these trucks makes for some cool accessories availability. Hopefully they will sell the unwanted trucks to the public ionce they are done with them
Great articles on the AMG 463 and the 4x4 Sprinter as well

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Usually once the Marines are done with something its been all used up and then some.:) So I wouldn't count on getting anything through surplus.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
LOL! I was on the phone last week with Steve (parts guy not vehicles guy) and he disavowed any knowledge of such transaction.

Perhaps my eyes are bad. The owner walked me through EuroTruck's warehouse earlier this week; and pointed out all the AVS spare parts, boxes and even a factory rebuilt 270CDI engine scattered all over the floor. I guess I must have just been imagining things.

Last edited:

JOnesbilt24

My friend works at barstow and these are being lined up ready for Sale

Anyway you guys already know this but The Marines has made these obsolete and they are being held at Barstow where they will either be sold to the general public of sold as foreign military sales. Anyway if if anyone is interested and be careful as 6 of them along with a battery of M777 howitzers a bunch of MTVR's and HMMWV variants were submerged in the well deck of a LHA when some one decided to ballast the ship. Anyway theses 6 were half assed rebuilt by a bunch of Lance Coconuts in Okinawa, while exposed to the elements. They claim they had them all squared away while Log Com pulled the plug on the program. Happy bidding

IFAV

IFAV at Omaha Beach 2012

Ahh, I must get that Magazine with the story about the IFAV...

Here is a picture from Omaha Beach (France) 2012 showing a IFAV

10873203xy.jpg

JaneDerp

Thats awesome!!! The Canadian Army has been fielding the G-Wagon since early 2004/5 (can't car accessories when exactly)
Though the CF's is a hard top, the windows do not roll down in 'up-armoured' package. I would have loved to have what the marines are using
when I was in RECCE. !!!

My dads in the marines and has driven/drove in one of these. I always jokingly told him to purchase one and just fly it over here. lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online