e24d_1.JPG

eBay ad.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Robthebrit said:

Similar idea.

Rob

Is it?

I mean, the one you linked in is just like a lot of other ToterHomes we see in the US, but we don't see too too many 6x6 RVs along the lines of the Unicats or ActionMobils. That's what I was thinking of.

Robthebrit

Explorer
I didn't see it was a 6x6, even so I don't think it would be a good platform for an expedition vehicle. The best it would make is an over the road traveller like the one I listed. The weight limit of 70000 is pretty much irrelevent because you would never get anywhere near it.

Rob

haven

Expedition Leader
chassis

I wonder what that chassis was designed for. Maybe a big cement mixer that could be driven on unimproved roads to a remote site? Perhaps to lay a pad for a cell phone tower on a ridge above town?

The wheelbase on those Toterhome chassis must make them a handful to drive in town!

Chip Haven

Lynn

Expedition Leader
haven said:
The wheelbase on those Toterhome chassis must make them a handful to drive in town!

Chip Haven

Not to mention those unarticulated semi rvs:

index001003.jpg

Can you imagine trying to get that around a campground, even?

But back to the above, even after you remove that tag axle (or whatever you call it) and convert it to single rear wheels, you'd still have plenty of GVW to build something like this:

a008-01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles