In with both feet...bought a CX650 Custom

kfgk14

Adventurer
So I bought my first motorcycle...honda cx650 custom with a blown right head gasket and needs other light work, just a lot of TLC. Problem is, I am elbows deep in my f350 project right now and do not have time for the bike repairs right now. In other words, it's already sat 2 months in the PO's garage and I need to know what to do to avoid ethanol, corrosion, etc. from killing this bike. It has an unknown amount of gas (I'd say about a gallon and a half, much less than half a tank) in the tank. The guy I bought it from said drain the fuel from the tank to save the tank from rusting and the carb from corrosion, but is that the best option? I'll be working on the bike by December, but until then it has to sit in my cold, but dry garage. I was thinking maybe there's som additive to put in the fuel, but I can't run the bike due to the blown head gasket so there's no way for the additive to reach the carb...and I don't have time to pull the carb...
Sorry I'm sort of rolling from thought to thought, but I don't really know what I'm doing in the realm of bikes. This is a learning project for me. If ya'll could point me in the right direction, that'd be appreciated.
And yes, I will be expo'ing this bike :p I'm gonna use it for cruising the whites with my girlfriend next summer, and maybe do a road trip with my brother before college.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94