Increasing Front Travel?

red87

Adventurer
Lately I've been trying to source other suspension options for the front of my Montero other than just new torsions and shocks as they are fairly limited in the travel department. So far I've found nothing but I still want more travel out of the front. Has anyone tried using low profile bumpstops to try and increase droop travel? My one worry is that the extra down travel may be beyond the CVs range of motion and cause them to pop. I'm assuming the shocks won't be long enough but that's not a huge deal.

Monterorider

Adventurer
Everything you mention has been tried. Shocks are long enough but put tall enough (> 10mm) spacers you start running into issued grenading CVs and braking/bending tie-rods.

red87

Adventurer
I dont remember the details but it's been discussed before on 4x4wire's mitsu forum.

Could you maybe point me to the right thread/search words? I tried suspension, suspension travel, bumpstops, bumpstop, and bump stop and I've found nothing relevant to my questions so I figure I'm doing it wrong :elkgrin:

Monterorider

Adventurer
Could you maybe point me to the right thread/search words? I tried suspension, suspension travel, bumpstops, bumpstop, and bump stop and I've found nothing relevant to my questions so I figure I'm doing it wrong :elkgrin:
Don't forget to set open date ranger. Default only searches past week of posts

off-roader

Expedition Leader

Sorry, I don't have any links handy and won't have time to search for them...

Copy what you posted here over there and ask about improving your front suspension travel, noting you not being able to find anything after a search... I can normally help you with that, but I'm a little stretched thin right now and there are so many others there who will be able to step in and help you out.:ylsmoke: Just tell them I sent you (I'm the same guy on the wire).

HTH.

red87

Adventurer
Sorry, I don't have any links handy and won't have time to search for them...

Copy what you posted here over there and ask about improving your front suspension travel, noting you not being able to find anything after a search... I can normally help you with that, but I'm a little stretched thin right now and there are so many others there who will be able to step in and help you out.:ylsmoke: Just tell them I sent you (I'm the same guy on the wire).

HTH.

Hey no worries, I'll be sure to name drop, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior