Independent Truck Mechanic for Inspection

Channelmarker

Looking for a recommendation for an independent truck mechanic to do an inspection on a 1986 Steyr 12M18 in or around Kissimmee, Florida? I leave in California and am motivated to buy. But I want to know what I'm in for first.

Looking for a recommendation for an independent truck mechanic to do an inspection on a 1986 Steyr 12M18 in or around Kissimmee, Florida? I leave in California and am motivated to buy. But I want to know what I'm in for first.

Ah, I imagine you're looking at "BigFoot." I've had an eye for her as well.

I don't know any one in Kissimmee, but the owners happen to be over in the Tampa area, they could take it to Mike at Mike's Garage. I don't think he's got specific expertise in foreign military vehicles, but he's as honest as they get, has been a mechanic for at least and in my experience will got the extra mile in trying to figure out anything he might not be sure about. He might also know someone in the Orlando (Kissimmee) area.

If you contact him, let him know Scott sent you his way "he needs to get his ass in the gym." (He'll know which Scott if you say that, or you could just mention the guy who's book he has...)

Seems like a GREAT buy and I'd jump on it if it weren't for the difficulty one of my dogs would have getting in and out of the vehicle. (I'd have to lift a 120lb dog both ways...)

-Scott

Channelmarker

Ah, I imagine you're looking at "BigFoot." I've had an eye for her as well.

I don't know any one in Kissimmee, but the owners happen to be over in the Tampa area, they could take it to Mike at Mike's Garage. I don't think he's got specific expertise in foreign military vehicles, but he's as honest as they get, has been a mechanic for at least and in my experience will got the extra mile in trying to figure out anything he might not be sure about. He might also know someone in the Orlando (Kissimmee) area.

If you contact him, let him know Scott sent you his way "he needs to get his ass in the gym." (He'll know which Scott if you say that, or you could just mention the guy who's book he has...)

Seems like a GREAT buy and I'd jump on it if it weren't for the difficulty one of my dogs would have getting in and out of the vehicle. (I'd have to lift a 120lb dog both ways...)

-Scott
Scott, thanks. I was able to get someone from the National Inspector's of RV Association - or someone like that to do an inspection and got a good report on the rig. Nice to do, since I live completely across the country.

Scott, thanks. I was able to get someone from the National Inspector's of RV Association - or someone like that to do an inspection and got a good report on the rig. Nice to do, since I live completely across the country.

Very cool! If you don't mind me asking, how much does a report like that run?...

-Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles