Insurance for hard side truck campers

zb39

Adventurer
I have been with USAA since 1987. They quit doing RV's awhile ago. They send you to progressive. USAA hasn't been what they once were for about 15 years now. I only have 3 vehicles with them anymore. I have 12 total. They don't have near the pricing they used to and service is crap anymore. My local state farm can beat them on price and service is crazy good. USAA also will not cover C & C trucks. I have been with them a long time. I was commissioned 2/11/87. They just are not what they once were.

TACAMO

While this is an older thread wanted to provide recent experience. USAA directed me to Progressive but I called USAA auto insurance to confirm guidance regarding a TC. They told me that a TC slide-in to the bed of a pickup truck is covered under a USAA policy if it is included in the declarations page of a truck policy. They also read the policy coverages and it was a direct extension of my truck policy for collision, comprehensive, and liability, whether the TC was on, or off, of the truck. The policy increased by 6 cents every 6 months.
The coverage with Progressive was quoted at approximately $1,100/yr. FYI policy was quoted for a new $50k TC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier