Intech O-V-R

rehammer81

Here's a new offering that just got announced. They didn't quite hit the mark I was hoping for but they could work many others. I rented an Intech Sol Horizon for a few days and it did seem like a solidly built trailer that didn't really feel cheap or flimsy anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rehammer81

With all the axel issues why didn't they go Timbren or trailing arm suspension?
For some reason I thought they were using Timbren. I agree though, they were obviously going for a more off-road line compared to their other offerings so why not really differentiate the model line and go all in? They also used the same electric tongue jack that I know from experience doesn't retract all the way up. Basically they have another at best dirt road trailer that looks off-roadish. They are also too big in my opinion. They will have a family market though because they are decently built and mfg in the U.S. as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Treefarmer

Here we go again. Take a big trailer, lift it a little bit, add cool looking tires, dark colors, some diamond plate and, like magic, it's a new off road trailer. Notice how the marketing is focused on how cool the interior decorating is? An off road trailer company should draw your focus to suspension, frame, and wall constructions first, solar/plumbing/heating/AC systems second, and how pretty the cabinets are last. At least it's made in the US, so they got that going for them.

Reactions: TGK
It’s only a foot longer than the opus 15 and 2 ft longer than the dweller… I agree wish they had put timbren or cruise master suspension on there but having a dual axle has some significant advantages as well. I really like the layout. I just rented a sol horizon rover (the horizon with a 3” lift and a/t tires) and have to say the build quality is very solid. I think this fills a nice niche for families who are wanting to spend a lot of time on fire roads/BLM roads but don’t necessarily want to go rock crawling.

TGK

So, it appears they “announced” this new addition to their lineup in August. Has anyone seen one in person since August? Or, are they still in the works? While they do reference their welded aluminum cage frame, they say nothing about the axles/suspension. One would think that‘s a key component to any “off the beaten path” RV offering. The interior layout of the Expedition version is attractive but the package with a 5,200# dry weight seems a bit much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94